New Batali cocotte!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife gave me a new 6 quart batali cocotte (chanti) for my birthday. Agreat gift from a woman who can't boil water.:cool:

I really like how there's less taper from bottom to top than many other brands so I can fit a larger chuck roast into it for long braises.

This is my first enameled and will replace my 5 quart cast lodge dutch oven , I can't wait to make coq au vin without needing to fus with multiple vessles for the 3 day marinade in the fridge.

Don't get rid of the cast iron Dutch Oven! It may come in handy someday.

I find this and other cookware like it to be indespensible in the kitchen when it comes to slow cooking certain foods.

I also have a Dutch Oven similar to the Batali; the new Rachael Ray Oval Dutch Oven in a luscious blue color with a white interior.:chef:

Last edited:
Certainly, don't get rid of the cast-iron Dutch oven. It will serve you well for other dishes. Just put it away in the back of the pantry until you need it. Cast-iron Dutch ovens, good ones, don't come cheap.

Corey123 said:
Don't get rid of the cast iron Dutch Oven! It may come in handy someday.

I find this and other cookware like it to be indespensible in the kitchen when it comes to slow cooking certain foods.

I also have a Dutch Oven similar to the Batali; the new Rachael Ray Oval Dutch Oven in a luscious blue color.:chef:

Oh, I don't throw out good cast iron, everyone should have a 5 quart lodge for deep frying. Rachael Ray finaly came out with enameled cast iron? that's great! I've always liked her oval oven but I don't like anodized, cool that she's moved into cast iron.

Katie E, you're so right!

That stuff cerntainly doesn't come cheap. I paid over $40. for mine.

Yes Mike, she has one out now, in a choice of either blue or orange. I wasn't going to get her two hard anodized pots, but I did anyway.

Sometimes, I don't like to use my SS cookware set often. Not that I don't like it. This might sound kind of crazy, but I just like to look at it a lot hanging on the bakers' rack because it looks so pretty and shiny!

It's my first ever SS set, and I want to have it around for a long, long, long time, as I don't plan on buying another one anytime soon.

So I use the Rachael Ray and cast iron cookware often. I really do take good care of all of the cookware though. And I don't use any harsh scouring pads or cleaners to clean the SS cookware. Just a paste that comes in a plastic jar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom