Newer nonstick frying pan surfaces

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some of the SwissDiamond pans from Chef's Warehouse and rally like them. Very heavy base and truly non-stick. They are a tad expensive, but as my dad told me "Buy the best you can afford and you won't regret it..".. My other favorite non-stick is a well seasoned cast iron skillet. A little extra effort but well worth it.

I just bought couple of frying pans by Bialetti. I like it so far. Needs very little oil, close to none. Doesn't stick at all. I was frying crapes and it was real pleasure to make them.

I have a Ogreenic pan , the green one I think you all are taking about about. You season per instructions from the manufactorer , rub oil on them and bake at low heat in oven for I think an hour. . I did the egg test, cracked egg and then when it was cooked I was able to just blow under it and it came up off the pan surface.

I have a Ogreenic pan , the green one I think you all are taking about about. You season per instructions from the manufactorer , rub oil on them and bake at low heat in oven for I think an hour. . I did the egg test, cracked egg and then when it was cooked I was able to just blow under it and it came up off the pan surface.

That's good. Let us know how it's working in 6 months.

Yesterday I bought the "as seen on TV" "Green" skillet from Bed, Bath and Beyond. Boy am I mad at myself for spending the $$ for the Wustoff ones. I think this was about half the price, and the Wustoff ones were not even near non-stick. I was actually thinking of ordering a couple of the nonstick versions that would go with my Sitram set, but thought I'd give this el cheapo a try. I wish the pan itself was of better quality (i.e., heavier with a flatter bottom), but trial by fire (chop chae, those clear noodles really stick to a frying pan), I'm sold. I'm sure it won't last forever, but at the price, I can do what Mom (and I, learning from her) always did with Teflon -- trash and buy new when the finish goes. I'll go back for another (or buy from the TV, I think that's even cheaper).

Surgical stainless steel cookware. In a hundred years it will still be perfect non-stick. Just pay the $.

Surgical stainless steel cookware. In a hundred years it will still be perfect non-stick. Just pay the $.

Easy for you to say. Not every one here is a member of the Vanderbilts. Most of us are from the Vantrashcans family. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom