Oven Safe "Cooling" Rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnjohn

Assistant Cook
A couple different sources have pointed me towards using a jellyroll pan with a rack insert to cook bacon. Now whether or not I want to do this specifically for bacon, I'd like to find a cooling rack which is actually oven safe. None of the models in Linens 'n Things or Bed Bath and Beyond actually say this, and they feel pretty flimsy. Would these things stand up to a 400 degree oven? I'm thinking no.

I did see one Chicago Metallic brand rack which was oven safe, but it came as part of a pan/rack combo and wasn't the standard jellyroll size. I've looked for it solo on Amazon and a couple other sites, but can't find a specific mention of being oven-safe anywhere.

Any comments or product pointers?

I've cooked my bacon on cheapo grocery store cooling racks many many times and had no problem. I dont use the non stick coated ones just cuz I dont like to ruin them w/ baked on grease.

Yeah, I just have some silvery racks, have no idea where some came from, and they work great.

I have cheap cooling racks that I use all the time for cooking meatballs and garlic bread (and as cooling racks!)

I use my cheap/flimsy cooling racks all the time in the oven. They work grate (get it) in a 400 degree oven, no issues whatsoever. I just put them in a half sheet pan or even a flat cookie sheet with a tinfoil "pan" underneath to catch the drippings. I LOVE bacon this way!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom