Pampered Chef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
My SIL has started selling this just this last couple months since quitting her job to stay with the kids. She wants me to buy some stuff from her but my experience with the company hasn't been, shall we say, outstanding. I worked for a lady who had to send an entire order back because it arrived in pieces and another lady I know gave me a flat stone and it cracked in half. They replaced it, but it's so heavy I never use it. Is there anything functional about their products and I'm just missing it?

About 10 years ago, it seemed that several of my neighbors and I (unintentionally) hosted a series of Pampered Chef parties - I had one a year for 3 or 4 years, and went to several more, so I have a lot of their stuff. I like it a lot. I have two flat stones (one rectangular, one round), a round baking dish, a large rectangular baking dish, a loaf pan, a pie dish and various utensils and gadgets. I've never had a problem with any of them, and I just love the stones. Maybe you just had a run of bad luck with them.

My sister sold Pampered Chef for a while, so everyone in my family got stuff for birthdays, etc. The quality was fine and she didn't have too many problems. I just though it was mostly gadgety. Never really cared for it. My wife uses the baking stones as a cutting board for here crafts and that's all we have left.

I've not had a problem with the pampered Chef items either, but my problem is that it's just so darn expensive! Some of those gadgety items can be found for much cheaper at the discount/super stores.

Their stoneware seems to be good for baking casseroles and such. I also have the fluted tart pan, citrus press and the round crust removal to make uncrustable sandwiches which I love.

I've not had a problem with the pampered Chef items either, but my problem is that it's just so darn expensive! Some of those gadgety items can be found for much cheaper at the discount/super stores.

Thats how I feel. I bought a collander and some other cheap stuff from a friend who hosted a party and it's good quality but IMO was more $$ than it needed to be.

So, if I wanted to be a good person and help my SIL I wouldn't necessarily be throwing money out the window just paying more for stuff I could figure out what to do with. Sound right?

Thats how I feel. I bought a collander and some other cheap stuff from a friend who hosted a party and it's good quality but IMO was more $$ than it needed to be.

True, which is why it pays to host a party - then you get free stuff :) , especially if you have it in October or November, just in time for the holidays :angel:

And as I recall, there weren't as many discount stores with good quality merchandise 10 or 15 years ago. TJ Maxx didn't carry housewares, for instance.

GotGarlic - that's what I did "host a party" I guess. I'm getting a $65 roaster for $26 and their newest stoneware a round with built in handles for $10. I figure my $200 is like giving my nieces $40 and I get toys too. I go by number of items that will be in the box. For $200, I'm getting 17 items. Some good bamboo and some good whisks and some stuff to bake with. I'm happy and it helps my nieces, so It's all good. Only thing is I have to have the box delivered to my work so my daughter doesn't see everything I bought. :LOL:

two cents worth. When I decided to really try to cook I had about nothing to work with. Someone who sells the Pampered Chef line gave me a catalogue and that is as close as I got. It really did look like a lot of gadgets I didn't need and for more money than a discount store if I did. I guess you gota try the stuff - looks like people are having good luck with it.

There are a lot of opinions about Pampered Chef. You will find good stuff and not so good stuff in any line you try. I, personally, have found I like the stuff. I have a LOT of their stones and they are heavy for a reason!!!! Use your stone!! The stone I probably use the most is the 9 x 9 casserole and the large oval stone. I have a ton of stuff that I won't even mention but the other two products I really like of theirs is the kitchen sheers (not the one for herbs) and the garlic press - it's one of the best garlic presses I have ever had. I also have (ok, I'll mention what I can remember :rolleyes::ermm:):

the two round bowl stones and the tops or bottoms, depending which way you want to use it
the lasagna pan stone
two deep dish pie stones
loaf pan stone
(other stones I can't remember right now)
oh, the slightly raised edge nacho stone
pizza cutter
spatula with bottle opener in it
long fish spatula
cheese grater (round one that you can also grate nuts and chocolate)
about 4 different knives
all of the white spatulas of different sizes
the off-set spatulas
some bamboo spoons of all sizes
I could go on but I won't

The thing here is - you will like what you get ONLY if you use it!!!! So use it.

The issue with the lady buying stuff that came to her in pieces was not Pampered Chef's fault - well, maybe they learned a lesson in packing but it could have been dropped too. Yes, some of the products are high. Some I would NEVER, ever own.

I like Pampered Chef but agree that some things are a bit expensive. If you buy anything make sure it is a stone - my favorite, the large jelly roll pan, the nthe medium size jelly roll pan. I also have two round stones - cookies and pizza and potatoes come out the best on the stones. I also have the round baker, 8x8 pan and a pie dish. My next favorite are the measure cups and spoons - very nice as well as the spatulas.

I also have two round stones - cookies and pizza and potatoes come out the best on the stones

OK ignoramus here- what are these stones and how are you using them?

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

This is what my favorite piece is. I have been using stones for years - the more you use it the more seasoned they get - never use some on them. I believe things bake more evenly - someone from PC give a better explanantion - all I know is that I love them!

I was given their large, rectangluar stone about 10 years ago and loved it! I bought 2 round ones a few years later and haven't used a metal cookie sheet since. Michelemarie is right, the more seasoned they get, the better. Our rectangular one is for cookies / biscuits only while the round ones get things with sauce or salt ... I love them all!

I also have two round stones - cookies and pizza and potatoes come out the best on the stones

OK ignoramus here- what are these stones and how are you using them?

They're clay stoneware and they're used for all kinds of baking and roasting. The primary advantages are that they heat very evenly, so food cooks more evenly, and they stay hot, so if you're serving directly from the piece, it will keep the food hot. Here's a great description: Stoneware - why? - THE PAMPERED CHEF LTD. blog at BridesClub.com

My daughter hosted a party, and I ordered a number of smaller items. I have been delighted with everything I got, especially the little gadget with rollers on each end, which I use to press out crumb crusts, roll out calzones, etc. I also got a bottle of cinnamon plus, which is delicous! Their spatulas are sturdy, and sharp on the edges...better than any I've found any place.

Yeah about the spatulas, I ordered one of each because mine are just trashed and it said theirs are heat resistant up to 650 degrees with I love because I like using the spatulas with my stainless steel. I also got a four loaf stone and a new stone with built in handles. My SIL is currently looking at the stone I already had and thinks it's okay. I also got the garlic press (which was praised here) and the citrus press. I've wanted one that wasn't yellow or orange or green and theirs is white. I like that.

The best part ~ it's all at home waiting for me. Ordered Tuesday and it arrived today. That is great service.

I'm coming in late here but wanted to add my two cents too. I went to a party held by my MIL and since I didn't have a lot I bought a couple of things so I could get a free miniature flipper/pastry server. Well, I was really upset because instead of that I got a spreader instead. Because I felt guilty about not having spending much (and neither was anyone else), I signed up for the second party she needed to make it worthwhile. Well I hate inviting friends into my home just to sell them things but I had the party and ended up with a whole pile of items free....including the flipper. That and and my two nonstick cooling racks are may favourite items. The large stone and other items just take up space. I agree - generally good stuff, too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom