Pampered Chef products - ISO comments/feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
The good, the bad, the ugly? I have some PC stuff (pamperedchef.ca). A high school friend loves the products and is encouraging me to get involved with the program. I was wondering what others think of the products and price point?

I have a few basic things and I found the quality to be good and the price to be high.

If you have too many friends, getting involved in this type of merchandising should help to solve that problem. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
My sister used to sell Pampered Chef products a number of years ago. There were some things that I purchased, but in those days I didn't cook near as much as I do now.
I bought some bakeware as I recall. It was good quality, but a tick pricey. Frankly, if it was anyone but my sister selling it, I likely would have thought twice or thrice about buying those items..

Sounds like we're all on the same page. I have 4 of their stoneware products (SIL used to sell) that I like. I love their silcone spatulas especially the mix and serve ones that are kind of spoon shaped. Most of the stuff is good quality but a bit pricey. IMO, those who do well selling things in this manner (parties etc) have to really love the product or at least act like they do to make a go of it.

Last edited:
I absolutely love their products though. I have a couple of the heavy gauge cookie sheets and they are an absolute DREAM to use and clean up. I also have a few stoneware pieces and they are amazing too. Definitely too much money though, and I put them on my wish list for people who struggle to find gift ideas for me.

Thanks guys! My opinion has always been "pricey." Good quality, but pricey. But then again, I have Le Creuset cookware and Henkell knives.

However, the PC things I have, I really do like. My friend has been selling PC for 11 years. I need to re-invent what I do to pay the mortgage. Unfortunately, selling eggs is not enough. As much as I love my hens, they just aren't pulling their weight re: helping with the mortgage. I also don't have a lot of friends--the ones I have, I'd like to keep! But Alix, you can order online and put the consultant's name in to give the person credit!

Keeping an open mind, I'm giving my high school friend a call in about an hour to learn more.

one more vote for good quality but way overpriced.

cws, if you go ahead and start selling it, i'll buy something online from your account.

christmas is coming and i have a few cooks in my family.

I love their products, but agree they are a bit pricey. I always manage to find something I love and end up buying from my friends/co-workers despite the price.

one more vote for good quality but way overpriced.

cws, if you go ahead and start selling it, i'll buy something online from your account.

christmas is coming and i have a few cooks in my family.

I agree with BT here. I'd be happy to buy some things from you if you decide to do this.

I think the reason people tend to hate garlic presses is because they haven't used the Pampered Chef garlic press. That thing is indispensable.

On the same token, I had a pizza stone from them that exploded--yes, exploded-- in the oven. It was left in the oven to preheat like normal, but about 15 minutes in we heard a loud cracking sound and had no idea where it came from. After looking through the house for what made the sound we gave up, went back to the kitchen and found the pizza stone in the oven in 100s of pieces. It had held up for a few years with no issue, rarely being removed from the oven and NEVER being exposed to thermal shock or anything of the sort.

I can't really speak to the rest of their products.

no mayo, aliens caused a crack in the pizza stone and then inserted a mysterious liquid into it in an attempt to silence those "who know".

or maybe it was the gov't., same cover-up...

Last edited:
I think the reason people tend to hate garlic presses is because they haven't used the Pampered Chef garlic press. That thing is indispensable.

On the same token, I had a pizza stone from them that exploded--yes, exploded-- in the oven. It was left in the oven to preheat like normal, but about 15 minutes in we heard a loud cracking sound and had no idea where it came from. After looking through the house for what made the sound we gave up, went back to the kitchen and found the pizza stone in the oven in 100s of pieces. It had held up for a few years with no issue, rarely being removed from the oven and NEVER being exposed to thermal shock or anything of the sort.

I can't really speak to the rest of their products.
I was on the phone for over an hour with my high school friend. One of the things she likes about PC is the guarantee. I hope you contacted them re the pizza stone. She spoke very highly re: the guarentee.

I have Le Crueset cookware. I love it--but my DO is pitted. I have had it for about 30 years. I contacted Le Crueset Canada about replacing it. (1) I have to send it to an outlet near Toronto; (2) I have to explain how I cared for it; (3) if they decide I didn't care for it properly, no replacement and they won't send my DO back.

What part of lifetime warranty did I not understand? I would like to walk into a store that sells Le Crueset and walk out with a new DO. Shipping the one I have is around $20-25. I can't keep the lid--have to send that too--had to get # to apply to the DO when sending it. A whole lot of hassle to get my "lifetime guarantee." Good thing they didn't ask for the receipt--that I don't have--my mom bought this for me 30+ years ago.

Thanks everyone. I'm not "in" to tupperware, etc., parties, but I am convinced that PamperedChef could help me and work for me because I like the quality of the product (and, I was really impressed by the online sale items re: discontinueed items....). Because I have been involved with rescue organizations since 1998, my thought is that if one wishes to host a party and then book a party for the charity, I will give 10% (the minimum commission is 20%) back to the charity from that "party." It would have to be virtual. One can do this online and doesn't actually have to have a physical party. If any of you are interested in doing something like that for your favorite charity, let's talk about how to do it (PM me). If you want to order s/thing and want to give me credit, PM me for my contact info. If you have a PC item that broke, PM me about how to get it replaced.

I was on the phone for over an hour with my high school friend. One of the things she likes about PC is the guarantee. I hope you contacted them re the pizza stone. She spoke very highly re: the guarentee.

Definitely got a new one but wasn't so confident in using it thereafter. It wasn't bad or anything, but I mean how can a pizza stone be bad? Just didn't enjoy picking out pieces of ceramic (or whatever it is) from the oven for an hour.

I find that for the money spent you can get much more elsewhere.

One good thing is that PC, has many unique items and those are the ones that I would go for. My mom buys me stuff from them because she has a friend that sells it. Of all the things that I have bought the only thing that I really like is the egg separator, I've broken most everything plastic that I have bought from them. I didn't bother to have them replaced, just lazy I guess, but I've heard that they are excellent at replacing the stuff.

If you start a PC business, if there is something I want, I'll order from you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom