Pampered Chef stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband was able to cut the stone down by using a tile cutter with a wet blade. Then he used a belt sander to smooth it down. I cooked some biscuits tonight on it and they did fine. Browned good on top and bottom. This way I was able to use my smaller oven. I was half way afraid for him to cut it but I probably would not have used it very much in my big oven. And I did not pay that much for it. Just thought I would let everyone know what the out come was.

Thanks for the update. Didn't want to scare you off in my previous post by mentioning abrasive, e.g. diamond, cutting blades and wet cutting. Glad to hear he's a handy fellow. In the 80's I saw 3" diameter holes being cut through the 8" thick rebared concrete floors of the World Trade Center. The cut surfaces were as smooth as a baby's butt.

Glad it worked out for you. A good stone is one of those things you don't want to loose.

I think you can cut it down if you really want to. What is required is an angle grinder equipped with a diamond blade. Granite installers use angle grinders for on the job adjustments. I used one to cut outlets, etc, etc on my self installed travertine backsplash in my renovated kitchen. OTOH, you can buy a square foot of unglazed tile at bigbox for less than 2 bucks

It's working fine. I just leave it in the little oven all the time. Maybe I was just lucky , but my DH did a good job cutting it down....

I use mine all the time to make bread. I just got mine for Christmas, i love it. I thought it was a little excessive at the time I got it, but it is really a great cooking too. I am surprised I didn't want one sooner!

Pampered Chef stones are fantastic! My wife was a rep about 9 years ago and we own about everything they have....reheat fries, fish, chicken wings, and they will re-crisp. It's really hard to burn anything on the bottom and you may have to adjust the time a little longer(just watch it). Oh yeah, don't put frozen stuff on a hot stone! Ka-POW! Enjoy!

The stone reaches the same temperature as the oven, so whatever is on there is gonna be cooked.....

Last edited:
Pampered Chef stones are fantastic! My wife was a rep about 9 years ago and we own about everything they have....reheat fries, fish, chicken wings, and they will re-crisp. It's really hard to burn anything on the bottom and you may have to adjust the time a little longer(just watch it). Oh yeah, don't put frozen stuff on a hot stone! Ka-POW! Enjoy!

The stone reaches the same temperature as the oven, so whatever is on there is gonna be cooked.....

Speaking of Ka-POW!...My sister added water to a pyrex pan in the oven that had burned dry. I guess she thought that it would be OK??:wacko: You can guess what happened! Ka-POW! So, I googled pyrex, explode, etc. and you would not believe how many people out there flunked science! It is quite exciting!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom