Pan to cook spaghetti in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I really need to buy one of those stainless steel tall pots that you cook long pasta in.
I've seen them in discount stores like Dollar General and such......are they any good? Or should I buy one at another store?

If you want something to cook boil lasagna noodles you can use a covered roaster on 2 burners. For spaghetti. use a large pot. When you put the spaghetti in, hold it upright until the bottpm of the strands soften enough so the rest can fit in the pot. I did not like the specialty pots for pasta, at least the one I had.

Sizz, I think you'll be okay with a stainless pot from dollar stores if all you're going to do is boil pasta with it. At the worst, you're only out a few bucks.

Thanks guys! I think I will go ahead and grab one. They are only like $8.00 and like Damp said I'll only be out a few bucks if I don't happen to like it.

Sizz,

I went to a commercial kitchen supply store and got a used huge aluminum pot. I use it a lot to boil lots of noodles, cook chili, canning, and lots of other stuff. It cost less than getting a big stainless pot from the department store

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom