Rachael Ray's cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
k-t-e, since i wasn't doing the dishes, i can't complain how they came out.
dw didn't know that the dishwasher would damage them.

i hand wash everything, anyway, as i'm done using it. old bachelor-hood habits.
i hate sitting down and enjoying my creations, only to have to clean up afterwards. and i hate a sink-o-dishes, so i wash them by hand as i go.

getting back to the rr thread.

the pan she was using did not have colored handles. she probably uses whomever sponsor's the show's line of cookware. if she's using her new stuff, then they've worked out a product placement dealio, or something.

i won't be watching to see, tho. rosey, bubbly, fake tv people make me nauseous.

buckytom said:
rp, make sure you don't put your non-stick emerilware in the dishwasher.

we've destroyed most of the pieces of 2 sets of emerilware that way.

Never gonna happen, much to my DW's chagrin. She just doesn't understand how corrosive automatic dishwasher detergent really is. I think she sees it just as something like repackaged laundry detergent. :rolleyes: Although the detergents aren't as bad as they once were (years ago, my mother actually frosted her pyrex measuring cups in the dishwasher :ohmy: ), I still won't put anything I truly value in ours. Like you, I always have one side of the sink full of hot soapy water so I can clean as I go. I try to never leave more than just the final cooking pans for after the meal.

Andy M. said:
Cascade dishwaser soap is known for clouding glassware.

We use Cascade liquid (big bottle from Sam's) and have no problems with damage to glasware. But I still won't take chances with any of my good stuff. Our Murano crystal stemware that we bought in Venice doesn't even go near the dishwasher... :rolleyes:

The granular-type dishwasher detergents are especially bad when it comes to damaging glassware. They have a tendency to "etch" the glass. The liquids may do it but not as quickly. But, I agree, nothing of any value should be washed in the dishwasher regardless of what the manufacturer says IMO.

My husband and I have been antiques dealers for many, many years. My specialty is china, silverware and glassware. I ALWAYS tell our customers to wash these items by hand. Especially any china or glassware that has gold/silver/platinum rims or detail. And never, never, never in the microwave. :mad: :mad: :mad: Bad, bad, bad!

I said that I wouldn't buy hard anodized cookware, but I broke down and bought both the over 8-qt. stock pot and the oval saute.

They ARE beautiful to look at and use!! I made some more speghetti bolognese in the saute and boiled the noodles in the stock pot. Great cookware, I might add!!

~Corey123.

And umm, what type of cookware did YOU buy with a famous name on it that you couldn't resist?

It's not the name, I just like the cookware.

~Corey123.

RPCookin said:
BB&B.... 12" skillet with cover. Admittedly I haven't shopped around,

My Emerilware is heavyweight anodized aluminum with non-stick interiors. It does not have a disk bottom and heats evenly from sear to simmer. :)

All Clad fry pans don't come with covers, actually. Saute pans do. They are measured by volume, though. Even directly from All Clad at full price their gynormous one with cover is less than $270.

Emerilware SS has a disc bottom. Perhaps nonstick is different.

At Cookware and More an Emerilware 12 inch nonstick skillet is $70. An All Clad 12" SS is $85. IMO worth the extra $15.

Back
Top Bottom