Rissotto pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babs

Assistant Cook
Hi, I own several le cresuet pots, :several dutch oven sizes---both round and oval, largest being 7 1/4 round & smallest being oval 2 3/4. I also have 2 buffet pots & the lid says "30". MY question to you all.......do I NEED a "rissotto" pot to make that dish, or can I use what I have? ---------> I'm having terrible buyers remorse. THANKS for any/all input.:chef:

You don't need a risotto pot or even a LeCrueset pot to make risotto. Any saucepan, Dutch oven or French oven will do the trick. You could make it in a frying pan.

+1 Andy. I have a hard enough time fighting my way through the pots and pans enough as it is, much less to pull out a rissoto pan I'd use 3 times a year.

Any pan without a hole in the bottom will work.;)

+1 Andy. I have a hard enough time fighting my way through the pots and pans enough as it is, much less to pull out a rissoto pan I'd use 3 times a year.

Any pan without a hole in the bottom will work.;)
I make risotto quite a number more than three times a year, but I couldn't imagine worrying about a special pan to make it in! Depending upon how many folks I'm feeding, that's the size sauce pan I use. I often make it just for the two of us. Who said it's only for "company?" :huh:

Wait a minute. Are you looking for a way to justify the purchase of a risotto pan?

If so:

You must have a proper risotto pan to prepare risotto worth eating. If you use any other pan, the risotto will be trash and the risotto police will be coming for you.

I hope that works for you.

Wait a minute. Are you looking for a way to justify the purchase of a risotto pan?

If so:

You must have a proper risotto pan to prepare risotto worth eating. If you use any other pan, the risotto will be trash and the risotto police will be coming for you.

I hope that works for you.
Awesome answer Andy. Your wife must be a very happy woman. BTW, do I need a special pair of shoes to do my grocery shopping because I already have a lot of shoes but I wouldn't want the shopping to come out wrong .... ;)

Awesome answer Andy. Your wife must be a very happy woman. BTW, do I need a special pair of shoes to do my grocery shopping because I already have a lot of shoes but I wouldn't want the shopping to come out wrong .... ;)

I was dumb enough to ask women maybe 2-3 times "Why do you need all those shoes?":huh:

Now, I just ignore it....it's like a part of nature, or something like that.

I was dumb enough to ask women maybe 2-3 times "Why do you need all those shoes?":huh:

Now, I just ignore it....it's like a part of nature, or something like that.
Honestly, I don't get it either. The truth is I am barefoot 97% of the time (for real) but shoes still call to me. Even from the internet.

a good heavy large saucepan is ideal. not too wide:you want the rice to absorb the broth not the air. Many risotto pans are just high saute pans, great for lots of things but not really risotto.

Rissotto pan

Thanks 4 the input. I think I Wastrying to justify having this "particular" pot. ----->The women @ the outlet won't like to see me coming, don't know if they work on commision or not.........but you are ALL right.....I Don't "need" it. It goes back tomorrow!!;)

Thanks 4 the input. I think I Wastrying to justify having this "particular" pot. ----->The women @ the outlet won't like to see me coming, don't know if they work on commision or not.........but you are ALL right.....I Don't "need" it. It goes back tomorrow!!;)

WAIT!!!!

If you’ve already got it…………..may as well use it. ;)

Think of all the gas you’re going to waste driving back to the store to return it. All that pollution is so not Earth friendly! :LOL:

I make it in a pressure cooker now. 2 minutes of sauteeing, 6 minutes of pressure cooking on high, a moment or two of tweaking and integrating with the the protein or pumpkin or whatever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom