Roaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sassy

Assistant Cook
Awhile back I purchased an All-Clad non-sick roaster. I realize now I probably should have gotten just the regular stainless, the reason being that you can make a gravy/sauce with all the browned-on bits. If I make gravy though from a separate recipe, is there any reason why a turkey should not turn out okay?

Agreed, the turkey should turn out fine either way. Don't be afraid to mix around and bash together multiple recipes.

I just noticed this pan of ours .. the nonstick is flaking off. It still functional .. but no way is it good for gravy.

It's about 9x14x2.5 .. should I try and scrape off all the other nonstick? or just recycle it and get a proper SS roaster?

Attachments

• DSC_4501.JPG
    DSC_4501.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC_4503.JPG
    DSC_4503.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 191
I would stop using the pan and buy a new one. The non-stick coating is not harmful but could flake off in the food and make it look unappetizing.

okies :chef:

Would you recommend a inexpensive nonstick pan, or a heavy duty aluminum pan, or a expensive-ish SS pan?

Most of either of those have some limited lifetime warranty I've seen on Amazon.com & other sites. So if I get a nonstick one, I should be able to return it for a new replacement.

The pan would be for bird roasting, maybe brownies, coffee cakes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom