Saggy bottom saute pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Moen faucet I bought for my kitchen sink has a lifetime guarantee. I just call Moen and they mail me a replacement.
That's certainly one easy way to handle it.

OTH, if you bought a house that already had Moen faucet and didn't know it had a lifetime warranty and didn't have a receipt, it would be a nice surprise that the hardware store just handed you a new, replacement, Moen faucet. I would guess that most people with that experience would become fairly loyal customers of that hardware store.

OP. Good job. Now get out the mallet and correct it. Make it lay perfectly flat.
Mine is a bit raised in the center. I went a little further as i know it will eventually return to where it was.
It sure is easy isn't it!

That's certainly one easy way to handle it.

OTH, if you bought a house that already had Moen faucet and didn't know it had a lifetime warranty and didn't have a receipt, it would be a nice surprise that the hardware store just handed you a new, replacement, Moen faucet. I would guess that most people with that experience would become fairly loyal customers of that hardware store.

It would be a nice surprise. Also, there's no wait. You can fix the problem today!

OP. Good job. Now get out the mallet and correct it. Make it lay perfectly flat.
Mine is a bit raised in the center. I went a little further as i know it will eventually return to where it was.
If it is raised in the middle, wouldn't it work to put it on a hard surface, right side up, and pound the middle? With a hard, flat surface underneath, it shouldn't get "saggy bottomed" from the pounding.

Yes, it was much easier than I thought. It's not rocking, so it's good enough. If it droops again I'll repeat the process. It doesn't take long.

Exactly. If a store carries a product, it is implied that the store will honor the manufacturer's guarantee. :angel:

Not necessarily. In many cases it is clearly stated that the warranty will be respected by the manufacturer, not the store. In some cases the store will support it too, but that all depends on the policy of the individual retailer.

Why? tenspeed is happy with the results she got and she can live with it. I have to assume she doesn't want to push her luck. Perfection isn't all it is cracked up to be. :angel:

I doubt that any retail store will give you a replacement after 15 years if you don't have a receipt for the purchase. The lifetime guarantee is from the manufacturer, not the point of purchase.

I had a Calphalon Everything pan and the non-stick coating started to flake off, starting at the edges. I took it to bed bugs and beyond and they gave me a new pan and, I assume, shipped the flaky pan back to Calphalon for a credit. I did not buy the pan there, I got it through Amazon, but they didn't even ask.

Why? tenspeed is happy with the results she got and she can live with it. I have to assume she doesn't want to push her luck. Perfection isn't all it is cracked up to be. :angel:

She??? Cooking is far too important of a job to leave to a woman! All of my wife's friends agree with me, and they wish their husbands shared my opinion.:chef:

I hope I didn't inadvertently offend anyone. I thought it is a ridiculous enough statement that the intended humor wouldn't be missed.
Thank you for clarifying. I don't know you well enough to know that was intended as humour. In that case, no offence taken.

There is currently an ugly backlash to feminism, think gamergate, and I'm a little more sensitive right now. I've been called a man hater because I don't think that women should be groped on public transportation. :wacko: Yes, I know that it's not all men. I even know it's not the majority of men.

Thank you for clarifying. I don't know you well enough to know that was intended as humour. In that case, no offence taken.

There is currently an ugly backlash to feminism, think gamergate, and I'm a little more sensitive right now. I've been called a man hater because I don't think that women should be groped on public transportation. :wacko: Yes, I know that it's not all men. I even know it's not the majority of men.

Whew! Addie jumped to the conclusion that I am a female, and I thought that an Archie Bunker response would be amusing. I'm well aware that us males are in a minority here, and this is a very friendly forum. Again, apologies to anyone I might have offended. I really don't want to be the forum jerk.

Whew! Addie jumped to the conclusion that I am a female, and I thought that an Archie Bunker response would be amusing. I'm well aware that us males are in a minority here, and this is a very friendly forum. Again, apologies to anyone I might have offended. I really don't want to be the forum jerk.
I was surprised that Addie thought you were female. I had guessed male. I try to check a person's profile before writing he or she.

She??? Cooking is far too important of a job to leave to a woman!...
In some homes (like mine), if the woman wants to eat, the woman has to cook. Himself can muddle around in the kitchen just fine, and didn't lose any weight when I would be gone for weeks restoring my parents' out-of-state home before putting it up for sale, but now he restricts his cooking to "the grill".

Rest assured, too, that you are not an endangered species here as a male cook. Many of the members are both men and accomplished home chefs. Now could all you guys please gang up on Himself and convince him of the joys of joining the club?

In some homes (like mine), if the woman wants to eat, the woman has to cook. Himself can muddle around in the kitchen just fine, and didn't lose any weight when I would be gone for weeks restoring my parents' out-of-state home before putting it up for sale, but now he restricts his cooking to "the grill".

Rest assured, too, that you are not an endangered species here as a male cook. Many of the members are both men and accomplished home chefs. Now could all you guys please gang up on Himself and convince him of the joys of joining the club?

In many households, especially where both work, meal preparation is viewed as a chore. The reason why my wife's friends, mostly working teachers, laugh and agree with my seemingly sexist comment is that they would welcome their husbands assuming more household duties. I also think that in most households duties are divided, rather than shared. We divide duties mostly along traditional lines, except that I also do food and windows. I don't know any couple where both cook, except where the guys do the grilling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom