Silicone bakeware, opinons/comments?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tried it... don't like it. Went back to non-stick aluminum and porcelain.

I've been baking for 35+ years, and bake bread weekly.

Last edited:
I've not used it myself but I've heard from people who have it that things bake differently. It takes longer to bake and I've even heard of things not getting done in the center. I stick with what I've always used, aluminum or glass.

My son ands daughter-in-law got me a set of blue silicone bakeware as a bithday gift several years back and I love it. It is totally non-stick, no smearing or spraying required.

I bought the huge doughnut and huge cupcake pans in red silicone from Bed, Bath, and All That Other Stuff, and they require greasing and flouring. Those I am not happy with.

Last edited:
I think it has its uses. I personally prefer the classics because I think they're more versatile. If you can get a few silicon pieces for a very inexpensive price then I would say to give it a try, you might find that it works better for you then traditional bakeware.

I thought it was a grand idea and so much more quiet than metal or glass - however I baked a meatloaf and when slicing it the knife went through the pan! No more of that stuff for me!

I have a couple brightly coloured fully silicone utensils by Zeal (a UK based company) and they have served me well so far and look the same as the day I bought them. But bakeware I am a little skeptical about because of their flexibility. I can just imagine filling a cake pan with mixture only to lift it up and spill it everywhere!

I've had a couple minor disasters. I learned to use a tray underneath for support! They are harder to clean.

I've had a couple minor disasters. I learned to use a tray underneath for support! They are harder to clean.

Yeah, that is what I imagined might happen but then it kind of defeats the object of using "easy clean" silicone if you have to scrub a tray as well!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom