SS every day Pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
I am looking for a SS every day pan and I have looked at some calphalon and all clad brouchures and it seems no one makes one that is SS.

The Le gourmet chef line, do they make one? Do any of the more uppity cookware lines have one? I figure that is as good a place as any to start off in the world of pricey cookware, and being SS my use any utensil on anything wife wont be able to mess it up.

Not sure what you mean by "everyday pan," but All-Clad makes nearly all, if not all, their shapes in SS. Hard to go wrong with AC, as long as it fits your budget.

thanks for the responses, but I am still curious to know what the differences are between anodized non stick cookware and anolon. I was in a store today and got to heft a few pieces of allclad, calphalon and anolon. I didn't like the handles on the allclad. To skinny. I hefted calphalon 1 and calphalon contemporary as well. Calphalon 1, I didn't like the handles. Calphalon 1 is definitely heavier than Calphalon contemporary. The kicker for me was for similar sized calphalon 1 and anolon they were about equally as heavy. Problem was I don't like the handles on the newer line, even though they do have the comfortable padding, either. So now I am down to choosing between Calphalon 1 and anolon and if the cooking performance is similar, then theres no reason to get Cal 1 except for the pieces I can't get in anolon.My other thought for the day is I've seen all the pretty shiny pots that I saw today in the bougoise store in the discount stores for a lot less. You have to hunt for them but they are there.

look at the brasier.

circulon, analon, and calphalon non stick are similar ... anodyzed aluminum with a teflon lining of some type. Calphalon 1 is a lesser pan that full calphalon, with thiner metal etc.

But you have to buy the pan you are comfortable with.

Take a look at Amazon.com and you will find a good selection to begin a collection with. I have a very nice Cuisinart saute pan--it was around $30

I 2nd the saute pan idea ... its close to what you are after. I wouldn't settle for anything lesser than All Clad. An "everyday pan" is just something you will most likely use on a regular basis aka a fry pan or saute pan.

I got a 12-inch SS Calphalon saucier with a glass lid last summer at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $38. Original price $79 and change. It had been the display model. I use it for tons of stuff.

For something you are going to use every day, vilasman, get a good one - it will be worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom