Stainless steel cookware: Le Creuset vs Mauviel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ajwheatley96

Assistant Cook
I'm looking into both manufacturers and cannot decide which would be the better investment.

I'm aware that the stainless steel cookware from Le Creuset is actually manufactured in Portugal, but regardless, there are other factors at play, such as whether 3-Ply against 5-ply really makes a difference and how they are to use day to day.

Can anyone share their experiences with either brand?

I should add, I've found its very difficult to find first hand reviews of Mauviel stainless steel as most articles and reviews focus on their copper cookware.

Many thanks!

(I should add that im from the UK so All-Clad is not in option)

I am not familiar with those brands. But, I am very happy with the Lagostina stainless pots and skillet that we have. They work well and are holding up beautifully with virtually, daily use since purchase in 1989. I imagine Lagostina should be available to you in the UK.

And, welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and warm welcome! and i will definitely look into them. Its very reassuring to hear that they have lasted the test of time!

I know the brand names but have no knowledge of their SS cookware. I general, I dint think there's a practical difference between three-ply and five-ply of the same quality. Based on brand reputation, either would be a good choice. Do you have an opportunity to handle these pans in person to determine if they fl right?

Le Creuset is famous for making dutch oven, I'm not sure about stainless steel cookware.
Mauviel is well-constructed fully-clad cookware that good for searing job.

You should consider other brands that specialize in stainless steel cookware like Cuisinart, All Clad, Calphalon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom