Stainless Steel pans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, I'm really surprised that you shop Le Creuset when you're looking for a new pan/skillet, with your arthritis and limited budget. Some are stainless but many are cast iron - they're very spendy and you're paying for the name. How do you like them?

I have the 12" frying pan with the helper handle. I love it. The helper handle makes all the difference. It I the only pan of that brand I presently have. But I save up pennies here and pennies there for something expensive that I want. It may take a couple of months. All my change goes into the milk bottles. It doesn't take long. :angel:

I have the 12" frying pan with the helper handle. I love it. The helper handle makes all the difference. It I the only pan of that brand I presently have. But I save up pennies here and pennies there for something expensive that I want. It may take a couple of months. All my change goes into the milk bottles. It doesn't take long. :angel:

Actually, I believe the only 12" stainless steel pan LC makes is part of their signature collection. But those don't have helper handles. You must mean the 12.5" tri-ply.

That's a very nice pan. I'm also a little surprised you would spend that much on a single pan, since it normally runs about $200 at places like Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I felt pretty good about getting mine for a steep discount at the factory outlet mall, but I probably would've balked at paying full price.

Le Creuset® Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 12.5-Inch Deep Fry Pan with Helper Handle - BedBathandBeyond.com

Last edited:
I still check out IKEA... and no I am not selling it even though I live in the province of IKEA not far from the founder...

Actually, I believe the only 12" stainless steel pan LC makes is part of their signature collection. But those don't have helper handles. You must mean the 12.5" tri-ply.

That's a very nice pan. I'm also a little surprised you would spend that much on a single pan, since it normally runs about $200 at places like Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I felt pretty good about getting mine for a steep discount at the factory outlet mall, but I probably would've balked at paying full price.

Le Creuset® Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 12.5-Inch Deep Fry Pan with Helper Handle - BedBathandBeyond.com

The pan was a gift to me a couple of years ago for Christmas. I make it a point to use one dollar bills so that I always get change back for the milk bottle. :angel:

The pan was a gift to me a couple of years ago for Christmas. I make it a point to use one dollar bills so that I always get change back for the milk bottle. :angel:

I see. I'm still a little confused I guess. Up above you stated "Today when I am looking for a pan, I usually go to Crueset. (SP?)"

That would seem to indicate that you bought this pan yourself and that you've shopped the store on more than one occasion. Apparently while carrying around a milk bottle full of spare change, if I'm following along correctly.

Your pan must be massive. I only have the 11.5" myself and it's big - probably holds an entire chicken. I bet that 12.5" of yours will easily fry up a half dozen steaks. Maybe you could post a photo of it, so we can all see? :angel:

Your pan must be massive. I only have the 11.5" myself and it's big - probably holds an entire chicken. I bet that 12.5" of yours will easily fry up a half dozen steaks. Maybe you could post a photo of it, so we can all see? :angel:

I have several 12" pans. 1) All Clad tri ply; 2) Bakers and Chefs nonstick; 3) Calphalon nonstick deep chicken fryer; 4) Simply Calphalon disk bottom deep stainless chicken fryer. (The last two are used more for when I'm browning meat then need the extra capacity for adding a lot of other stuff to the meat - almost never just for chicken)

I use one or the other of the first two almost daily - sometimes more than once a day. They may be large, but that just means that I don't crowd the foods that I'm cooking in them.

If I'm frying a whole chicken, I'm more likely to go to my 14" Bakers and Chef's nonstick frying pan. Now that's a big pan! :D I usually straddle across 3 of the 5 burners on my range when I use it. (I also have an 8" fryer in the same line and I really like all 3 of them - they are real workhorses in my kitchen)

Addie, that was some gift "a couple of years ago". How many times have you used it and why haven't you shared your cooking with it? At least tell us what you've made in it, and how many people you had for dinner. You've given everyone the impression you hardly cook or eat much at all these days.

Last edited:
Addie...you must have a secret to be able to save so much coin in your milk bottle to even think about shopping Le Creuset. I'm far from wealthy enough to consider it, especially if I didn't even cook much. Spill it, girl. What's your fave dish to make in that spendy pan? ;)

Last edited:
I see. I'm still a little confused I guess. Up above you stated "Today when I am looking for a pan, I usually go to Crueset. (SP?)"

That would seem to indicate that you bought this pan yourself and that you've shopped the store on more than one occasion. Apparently while carrying around a milk bottle full of spare change, if I'm following along correctly.

Unfortunately, I don't go into a store. All my shopping today is done on line. This pan looked huge to me. I could easily feed a family of six if I were making a frittata.

Many years ago I was having a party for about eight people from out of town. I mentioned to my friend during a phone conversation (who knew all the people I was expecting) that I wish I had a really large pan. Two days later, UPS delivered to my door, this fantastic pan. So now whenever I need another pan, I look at these pans first. That doesn't mean I get it. Just that I wish I could afford it.

As far as my milk bottle goes, when the coins reach the neck, I start rolling the coins and deposit them into my savings account. Except for the quarters. I seem to always need them for the laundry. Who knows. Maybe someday. I don't even look at the enamel cast iron pans. Too heavy now for my arthritic hands. :angel:

...Many years ago I was having a party for about eight people from out of town. I mentioned to my friend during a phone conversation (who knew all the people I was expecting) that I wish I had a really large pan. Two days later, UPS delivered to my door, this fantastic pan. So now whenever I need another pan, I look at these pans first. That doesn't mean I get it. Just that I wish I could afford it.
Hmmm.... Addie, are you sure you have a Le Creuset pan? Because over on this thread, you claimed you once received a 12" Cuisinart pan as a gift.

(Oddly enough, later on the same thread you also claim you have a 15" Cuisinart pan with a helper handle, which is even more odd, considering Cuisinart doesn't make one that size)

I could see where one could possibly mix up the two brands, though. Both start and end with the same letter. Nothing wrong with Cuisinart. I've owned some of those myself. In fact, I gave some to my daughter recently.

Last edited:
Many years ago I was having a party for about eight people from out of town. I mentioned to my friend during a phone conversation (who knew all the people I was expecting) that I wish I had a really large pan. Two days later, UPS delivered to my door, this fantastic pan.
:angel:

LOL nice friend Addie! Hope you baked them something special!

Do you remember what you first prepared in that pan?

Back
Top Bottom