State-shaped cast-iron pans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The picture shows only the troll side of Michigan.:angry: Everyone forgets about the bes part of the state, up hear in Yooper Country. If they are going to show Michigan, they hae to have the U.P. shaped pan as part of a Michigan set.

And, just to throw my coin in the pot, sure, it's an extravagande; but one that I would love to have hanging in my kitchen.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I understand your dilema and agree with you, Chief. The UP is beautiful. Both North Dakota and Iowa pans would be rather boring, very few islands, and both rather rectangular-ish.

Last edited:

Attachments

• mi-skillet-pizza.jpg
    mi-skillet-pizza.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 133
  • mi-skillet-dutch baby.jpg
    mi-skillet-dutch baby.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
The islands to me would be a big problem. There are islands all along both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts. And Hawaii and Alaska with the Aleutian Islands. Someone didn't think this through very much. Cute idea, but not much thought went into it. There are also islands that belong to Texas. Such as Padre Island.

Oh, for crying out loud. It's a stylized design, it's not supposed to be a map.

The picture shows only the troll side of Michigan.:angry: Everyone forgets about the bes part of the state, up hear in Yooper Country. If they are going to show Michigan, they hae to have the U.P. shaped pan as part of a Michigan set.

And, just to throw my coin in the pot, sure, it's an extravagande; but one that I would love to have hanging in my kitchen.

Somehow I thought that was a backwards Wisconsin ...:huh:

Sir_Loin_of_Beef: Does not surprise me, I have relatives there. How ever dad's side is mostly in Pennsylvania.

...and THIS is what you cook in the Michigan pan!

Attachments

• C2ob8CVW8AAHekH.jpg
    C2ob8CVW8AAHekH.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 111
...and THIS is what you cook in the Michigan pan!

:LOL: It's difficult to get laughter out of me, though I appreciate humor. Jokes and things others find funny, generally get a a half-coked smile, or a grin. Andy, you made me chuckle. Thanks. I need more laughter in my life right now.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Same if they do Virginia. They would need a second pan for the Delmarva Peninsula.

Now, if they kept them to scale, you'd need mechanical assistance to lift Texas, while Rhode Island would only be good for making one slider burger.

My Colorado would be indistinguishable from Wyoming. For Alaska they could use the Aleutians for the handle. Oklahoma and Florida also have ready made handles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom