Staub 4.25qt Oval

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

forty_caliber

Admiral of the Texas Navy
Moderator Emeritus
Our local Sur La Table ran a manager's email special on Staub 4.25qt Oval dutch ovens for $100. That's $150 off list in case your keeping score. I managed to get a cobalt blue early yesterday morning.

Had to fight through a crowd of "ladies" who were trying to get to them the minute the store opened. I use the term lady loosely because lady like behavior was certainly out the window. What with all the pushing, grabbing, shoving, foot stomping, biting, well-I-nevers, clawing, general chaos, and language that would make a sailor blush all available pieces were snatched up within 15 minutes of unlocking the door. The only thing that saved me was holding the box above my head where they couldn't reach it and running for the cash register. I think Mrs 40 C was calling 911.

349921e.jpg

Came with a plain round handle too. I really like the rooster one though. Going to try it out later today...roast turkey breast...yum

Last edited:
Nice find! You'll love it.

I'll bet all those 'ladies' are home complaining to their DHs about this really rude guy who "ripped the pan right out of her hands".

I was talking to a work acquaintance who did the whole "black thursday" nonsense at Walmart. She brought her tall, husky sons to hold the items in the air so that people couldn't grab them and run...

All this after standing for hours in line. I guess that she thought it was worth it, but I just can't see the sense.

Pretty pan. I guess I've never wanted anything so badly that I would behave in that manner. Those weren't ladies they were harpies.

I tried this out today. I braised a 7 pound fresh turkey breast. The cookware performed beautifully.

I had to do a little surgery on the rib cage with poultry shears to get it to fit down in the DO.

Onion, garlic, rosemary sprigs, and celery in the bottom to act as roasting rack. White wine to cover veggies. Cover and bake at 375 for 2 1/2 hours.

Pleased with the resulting tender, juicy, turkey. Practically fell off the bone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom