Stove-Top Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sassy

Assistant Cook
I'm in the market for a two-burner stove-top grill. So far, I'm considering All-Clad or Le Creuset. Any recommendations, pros/cons? Appreciate your input!

I'm eager to see the posts on this. The one I had was...cough, cough..non-stick. Now it's in the trash.

Food for thought...A grill is a surface that is broken by a piece of metal then an open(air) space..and on and on..'Like the grill surface on your back-yard grill.

A Griddle is a solid, flat surface, sometimes refered to in the restaurant business as a "flat top".

Indoors a stove with a true grill surface must be supported by an excellent venting system..one can imagine the smoke!!!

Some "griddles" have a smooth surface..(eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc.) and a ribbed side..(chicken, steaks, chops, veggies etc). that will give "grill" marks...I would look for one that had this double-sided feature.

I cannot comment on the ones mentioned above as I don't own them.
I can speak for Lodge Cast Iron griddles...they have (or did) two styles both of which I can highly recommend! After seasoning and use they become excellent tools! Be sure to measure your stove no matter what you buy!

And since this is my second post today about Lodge Cast Iron..Just for the record I am not under their employ!:)

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I love my All-Clad Grill Pan and got it at MetroKitchen. The only thing is that you don't want to put it in the dishwasher as it will ruin it. Anyways, it great for grilling just about anything: chicken, fish, steak. And its lighter than a cast iron grill pan (I think Emerilware makes one). Certainly not a grill replacement, but defintely great for those in condos and apts without easy access to a grill. Plus All-Clad has a lifetime warranty so if anything happens to it (flaking, etc.) they'll replace it.

Scanpan makes a good nonstick grill pan. It's Danish and has a good nonstick surface. (they make a great non-stick frypan too). It's dishwasher safe which is a big plus. Calphalon has a double burner grill pan in their One line which is also recommended. Both have lifetime warranties as well.

I can't comment either about the two lines you mentioned. I have the Lodge double burner one side grill, the other side griddle and I love it.

I so lucked out yesterday. Went shopping at Bed Bath & beyond and glanced over at the shelves of markdowns....there was an All-Clad double burner grill marked down from $99.00 to $78.00. OK it is also tagged for clearance which means another 30% off. Now I've got their routine 20% off coupon too. So, I get the grill for $43.68! Made my day.

I have a Lodge two burner cast iron grill. My former S.O. insisted we get one. That was 4 years ago. It has sat on the bottom of my oven, unused for over 3 years now. I wish she had taken that stupid slab of cast iron when she left, instead of my $150.00 Rowenta steam iron!

Last year for my birthday, my son, Plague of Locusts, gave me an electric grill/griddle. I use it almost every week-end.

If you have a ceramic/glass cooktop you may need to check to see if you cane use a double burner or one with a raised edge.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom