Teflon Alternative Bakeware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenna

Assistant Cook
does anyone have an alternative to teflon bakeware, like cookie sheets and stuff like that. something sturdy and easy to care for. any ideas? I so need to replace my bakeware.

thanx.

For cookie sheets I use half sheet pans from Sam's club. They work well for cookies and I also use them for mega pizzas. They are nice because they have the sides which holds things in like french fries or chicken wings. I prefer glass for baking cakes and casseroles and pies. I do have springform pans but don't use them very much.

pretty much any cookie / cake sheet can be instantly converted to non-stick via parchment paper.

won't the silicone melt? also, does it matter what metal its made from? aluminium or others?

Silicone baking mats are made to go in the oven. No, they won't melt.

I use plain aluminum half sheet pans for baking cookies and small items. SO uses aluminum cake pans for some cakes and dark metal for others and for cupcake pans and loaf pans. We use glass for brownies.

Basically a mixture. You can bake successfully in almost any material. A lot of it is what you're used to.

okay, just saw them on amazon. thanx. its just hard finding one that correlates with a baking sheet. oh well.

I've been using the same cookie sheets since 1968 and they are good, heavy-duty ones. However, by now, they've gotten pretty scratched and beaten up. They were originally Teflon-coated but, as you might guess, after over 40 years of constant use, the Teflon is long gone.

The structure of the cookie sheets was still sound and I really didn't want to discard them and buy something newer, probably more expensive and of poorer quality. So...what did I do?

I did some homework and bought several packages of Teflon pan liners. They're fantastic. I cut some to fit my round cake pans, others to fit my cookie sheets, still a few more for my oblong baking pans, etc.

I've had them for over 10 years and couldn't be more pleased. Most of the time I hand wash them but, on occasion, I've put them in the dishwasher.

Just another thing for you to consider.

Back
Top Bottom