Tivoli pro-clad cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paint

Senior Cook
I decided to buy some (more!) new cookware yesterday...I have loads of saute pans/frying pans of various makes and types (Lodge, Le Creuset, Calphalon One, Calphalon Commercial non-stick and Calphalon tri-ply stainless), but my set of saucepans was limited to just one type - Circulon non-stick, which I like...but find I don't have the time to wash up by hand anymore. I also found that when dh washed up, he always left food on the pan because it's so hard to see against the dark metal. I decided I wanted something I could throw in the dishwasher, and would LOVE All-clad pots, but couldn't afford them...so I had a search around the local discount stores (Tuesday Morning, Marshalls, Ross) and came across some Tivoli pro-clad cookware. This is magnetic stainless steel with an aluminium core that comes all the way up the sides....very similar design and 'look' as All-Clad, but just about 1mm thinner in thickness. I went ahead and bought 8qt, 5qt, 3qt and 1.5qt saucepans (prices ranged from $39 for the largest pan to $25 for the smallest at discount price). They seem very well-made, heavy and nice and shiny :)

Now, I figure that as I'm not going to be sauteeing anything in these pots, and their main use will be boiling veggies/liquids, making sauces in etc., that the slight difference in quality (thickness) to All-Clad won't make that much difference. I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this make and what they think of them? I can't find much info on the internet, and haven't had a chance to actually try them yet :)

Paint.

I can't use Le Creuset any more. It is just too heavy for my arthritic hands and arms. I have been using calphalon for several years and that is heavy enough - some of the larger ones I use both hands to hold. I really must teach dh to cook something other than fried eggs and omelets.

I would expect the Tivoli to perform well. Not just for boiling but for saute or pan frying. Give it a try, what do you have to lose?

Hmmm, exam tomorrow, clinicals on Tues and Weds....may get a chance to try them out on Thursday :mrgreen: LOL! I can't wait for nursing school to be over so I can COOK again!!

Paint.

Paint,
I own Tivoli Pro-Clad 8qt 5qt and 3qt sauce pans and then I went with their INOX BOND copper bottom 8" 10" and 12" saute pans/frying pans. All are wonderful to cook with. I have no complaints. The handles do seem to get a bit warmer than most other pans I've used. But all in all these are great pans at an incredibly low cost. I have only found their parent company on line at maspion dot com, and their lack luster website show's nothing I have aquired. TJ-Maxx and Marshals is where I've had the best luck finding Tivoli. Does anyone else know where this stuff can be found in quantities greater than 1 or 2 pieces?
Thanks!

:yuk:Thatwasntchicken:yuk:

Last edited:
licia said:
I can't use Le Creuset any more. It is just too heavy for my arthritic hands and arms. I have been using calphalon for several years and that is heavy enough - some of the larger ones I use both hands to hold. I really must teach dh to cook something other than fried eggs and omelets.
I know how that is, Licia. HB has to help me get down the big ones. I have a smooth cook-top, so I can slide them around, but they're too heavy for me to lift or wash. :) Acutally, he's a good cook, and getting better. When I'm not having a good day, I sit in my rocking chair and supervise while he does the work.
He's even learned how to make gravy!

Tivoli Cookware

Hi Thatwasntchicken,

It looks likeTivoli isn't in abundance. I asked about Tivoli too and so far no feedback. I'm glad you like the cookware and have tested several. At least you have had better luck than I. Unfortunately, I have just started with the 3-qt saucepan and can't seem to find its large covered saucepan. I like that it looks almost like the luxury All-Clad w/o the large price tag. :-p I will have to visit Marshalls and TJ Maxx frequently to find the rest of the pots and pans. Good luck with your search.

h2oct,

I'll be honest with you, I still have yet find any additional pieces. Bums me out, because the ones I do have are fantastic. I have recently been accumulating enameled cast iron peices from "Well Equipped Kitchen" that my wife and I enjoy as well. They are a little bit heavier than Le Cresuet, but are every bit as functional. I can only find these on ocassion as well though, and nothing promising on the web.
:(

I couldn't find a large Tivoli saute pan with lid at TJ Maxx yesterday but bought a $20 10-inch skillet by Tramontina. Its handle looks like that of All-Clad and feels heavy. It looks sturdy but I don't know if it is of high quality. Does anyone recommend Tramontina cookware? I'm just looking for affordable alternatives to All-Clad but I like the sleek look of A-C. Calphalon doesn't seem to have the same A-C handle look, otherwise I would buy it. SIGH...I'm so picky. Any advice/info would be appreciated.

Also, will someone please shed some light on the differences among Calphalon, Simply Calphalon, Calphalon One, commercial Calphalon etc? Is there a difference in function? Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a Tramontina 8" SS skillet. Works great.

Don't let the look of the handle be your guide. Calphalon makes good clad cookware.

Thanks, Andy. I will keep the skillet. Do Tramontina skillets come w/ lids? Alas, I guess I should stop being so anal and settle for mismatched SS cookware.

Back
Top Bottom