Vintage Le Creuset Questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SugarMamaBaking

Assistant Cook
I've been looking for info about old Le Creuset, like maybe some collectors might know?

I have a few pieces that are used daily and I have one piece that I only just recently noticed is marked, "Cuisine Royal France" on the bottom in a circle, around the number "24"--just like the Le Creuset ovens. It is actually my favorite piece because it is a beautiful wedgewood blue and such an easy, practical size...

The knob on the French oven, however, says "Le Creuset"...? So I'm assuming someone swapped out the knob? Or could this actually be a Le Creuset piece from a company Le Creuset bought out?

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I've been looking for info about old Le Creuset, like maybe some collectors might know?

I have a few pieces that are used daily and I have one piece that I only just recently noticed is marked, "Cuisine Royal France" on the bottom in a circle, around the number "24"--just like the Le Creuset ovens. It is actually my favorite piece because it is a beautiful wedgewood blue and such an easy, practical size...

Welcome to DC. :)

Been looking around for you and found these:

Vintage Le Creuset Cookware
Though I can't verify if the above site is "online secure".

eBay looks promising:
le creuset vintage items - Get great deals on Collectibles, Home Garden items on eBay.com!

However, Le Creuset has been faked, so check out here what to look for.

How to Tell If a Le Creuset Is Fake | eHow.com

Cuisine Royale.

Hi
I purchased a Cuisine Royale Casserole dish in the UK in approx. 1998 from a Le Crueset shop in Freeport, Braintree.
At the time, Le Creuset only had a few colours - Volcanic Orange, Dark red & a couple of others. I wanted a black one & the only black one was a Cuisine Royale. It differed from the Le Crueset ones by not being lined, ie the inside was exactly the same as the outside, not having the whiteish lining of the others. It was also more expensive than the equivalent Le Crueset, which I take to mean that Cuisine Royale are the flagship of the Le Creuset range. I managed to break the knob & a Le Creuset replacement fits a treat.

One of my pans has the name "Cousances" where LeCruset normally is. Cousances was a French cookware manufacturer, known for enameled cast iron pans ("cocotte" in French). The company was formed in 1553 and was acquired by Le Creuset in 1957. Cookware under the Cousances brand continued to be manufactured by Le Creuset into the early 1980s.

All I could find on Cuisine Royale is that they are a LeCruset brand that was registered in 1980.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom