Waffle maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
I am looking for a waffle maker. The kind that makes thin waffle, really thin. Ideally it has to be 8-9 inches in diameter. Internet has not been helpful, I might be searching for a wrong thing.

Charlie, are looking for waffles thinner than American waffles? Something like a pizzelle?

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 325
CharlieD

I'm going to stick my neck out and assume that you are looking for "standard" waffle maker, rather than a Belgium waffle maker.

I do not like the thick waffles. This is what I have used for 2 years and I had a similar one for many years before this one.

Attachments

• 61zrqFGKfNL._AC_UY327_QL65_.jpg
    61zrqFGKfNL._AC_UY327_QL65_.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 98
CharlieD

I'm going to stick my neck out and assume that you are looking for "standard" waffle maker, rather than a Belgium waffle maker.

I do not like the thick waffles. This is what I have used for 2 years and I had a similar one for many years before this one.

what does it look like inside?

what does it look like inside?

Its standard depth, 1/4 inch, as opposed to Belgium thick depth.

I like a thin, crispy waffle so I use approx 1/3 cup batter. Jeannie prefers more fluffy waffles so, I use 1/2+ to make hers.

Ross

Attachments

• 6249619_0920_cusinart_vs03.jpg
    6249619_0920_cusinart_vs03.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 107
I googled Russian Waffle Cake, and I got mostly Ukrainian waffle cake. After it's cut, it looks a lot like chocolate vanilla and strawberry sugar wafers we get in the supermarket cookie aisle.

Is that it, Charlie?

I too, googled and came up with a lot of Russian Honey Cakes which are made with the thin thin crepes.

But also this, unfortunately she made the cake with store bought waffles.

You certainly have us all intrigued Charlie!

Attachments

• Waffle-Cake.jpg
    Waffle-Cake.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 109
Charlie, I think what you want is a "waffle cone maker". The pattern probably won't be as small as in your picture, but the waffles will be thin and they will become stiff when they cool off.

Here's an example: waffle cone maker

Back
Top Bottom