What is this casserole dish/plate called?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm looking for one of these oven safe, low sided dishes. It looks to have a handle on it. I'm not getting lucky in my searches.
Does someone have a name for it or has seen one offered at BBB, Kohl's or someplace?
Thanks

Attachments

• Picture7300.jpg
    Picture7300.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 348
I googled "individual ceramic baking dish" and this was the first link. I'm sure there are others.

I'm not so sure, Andy.
I went through page after page of images using that term and the one you linked is the only one that came up, so I bought it.
Maybe it's a European dish not common here anymore.

You might try looking for Corning Ware. I had a couple that were probably a little smaller than the one you show, but still had a handle. Goes from oven to luncheon mat.

They might make a larger size. Goodwill will have them many times.

You bought it already? I was going to suggest this: Lodge LFSR3 Pre-Seasoned Fajita Set:Amazon:Kitchen & Dining

I'm thinking about getting a set myself.

Since there is only one in the known world, I jumped on it :LOL:
Not interested in plain cast iron. I can only imagine the cheese sauce on Lodge CI :ermm:
I did try looking for ceramic coated skillets though. I was having a problem finding one with low enough sides and the same material for the handle.

I can make do with what I used, a normal casserole dish. I was really hoping to find a replica of what was in the picture. And I did and it's red :D

My area has no restaurant supply stores anymore. Something I miss.

Since there is only one in the known world, I jumped on it :LOL:
Not interested in plain cast iron. I can only imagine the cheese sauce on Lodge CI :ermm:
I did try looking for ceramic coated skillets though. I was having a problem finding one with low enough sides and the same material for the handle.

I can make do with what I used, a normal casserole dish. I was really hoping to find a replica of what was in the picture. And I did and it's red :D

Ah, I wasn't thinking about cheese sauce. Just for general information, since you've already picked one, but an individual au gratin dish would work, too.

The one in the picture in Andy's link is 2.25" tall and is round. It seems like the capacity is pretty small. Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
I'm not so sure, Andy.
I went through page after page of images using that term and the one you linked is the only one that came up, so I bought it.
Maybe it's a European dish not common here anymore.
Pac, congrats. It's very nice... and in red!

However you know when you are on painkillers when you look at the link three times wondering why it doesn't have a handle. Then I wonder how you could have bought the original item if it was sold already.:ermm:

it finally sunk in that you were the purchaser. :wacko:

Ah, I wasn't thinking about cheese sauce. Just for general information, since you've already picked one, but an individual au gratin dish would work, too.

The one in the picture in Andy's link is 2.25" tall and is round. It seems like the capacity is pretty small. Or am I missing something?
GG you got confused as I did. That is a replacement item as Pac bought the original. Look at the top of the listing for a link to Pac's

Oh yeah, that's weird the link brought up a different item.
That certainly changes the scope of the conversation.

I'm sure you'll be seeing what I bought sooner or later ;)

I'm looking for one of these oven safe, low sided dishes. It looks to have a handle on it. I'm not getting lucky in my searches.
Does someone have a name for it or has seen one offered at BBB, Kohl's or someplace?
Thanks

I have one of those.

It is called a baking skillet.

I have had food served to me in those in restaurants.

I use it for a giant spoon rest since I have large cooking tools.

I picked mine up a year ago at Hall's pottery and I think I paid about $9.00 for it.

I see some listed on EBay but those prices seem pretty high. But here is a link
hall's pottery skillet | eBay

Henn Pottery Creamware RARE Skillet New | eBay

Hope this helps !

I have one of those.

It is called a baking skillet.

I have had food served to me in those in restaurants.

I use it for a giant spoon rest since I have large cooking tools.

I picked mine up a year ago at Hall's pottery and I think I paid about $9.00 for it.

I see some listed on EBay but those prices seem pretty high. But here is a link
hall's pottery skillet | eBay

Henn Pottery Creamware RARE Skillet New | eBay

Hope this helps !

Oh man...
Where were you earlier? ;)

Perfect! Thanks!
I think I'll order another.

Oh man...
Where were you earlier? ;)

Perfect! Thanks!
I think I'll order another.

I was using my giant spoon rest :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Sorry about that .. wish I had been here earlier.

I like that you can use these things in the oven and we have talked about getting a couple more to use when making seafood pasta dishes and hot dip recipes.

Well, I got my baking dish today. Now the question is, what am I going to do with it.
Something missing from the item description was the SIZE...
This thing is big anough for one sunny side up egg. Certeinly not a piece of bread, let alone a melt.
Live and learn :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom