What kind of utensils are used in SS tri-ply cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luisc202

Assistant Cook
I am new to SS tri-ply cookware and want to know which types of utensils can be used in these types of pans? Can you use SS utensils as well? Does it matter if they scratch the pans? Just curious what you guys use.

Thanks,
Luis

My apologies I put this i nthe wrong forum. Can a Mod move it.

I use all types of utensils in my SS tri-ply. I mostly use wood as a matter of choice, occasionally plastic or SS.

Your cookware will get surface scratches in normal use and that's OK. It's a tool, after all, not a piece of art.

same answer here. Seriously, that $6 bag of black nylon utensils sold at kitchen stores etc, is great. Plus some good wooden spoons etc and one each SS of a kettle spoon, slotted spoon, and ladle for once in a while need. Turkey lifter forks are also great. Once I tried them, ...yup, they are worth it.

Another vote for using whatever you darn well please. With use, they're going to get some scratches. Accept it, embrace it, and enjoy using them. Life's too short to spend time worrying about your skillet.

Small scratches that you get with normal wear are fine and inevitable. Use any kind of utensil you like on your SS. What you do not want are deep gouges, but you will not get those unless you try.

Small scratches that you get with normal wear are fine and inevitable. Use any kind of utensil you like on your SS. What you do not want are deep gouges, but you will not get those unless you try.

So... no angle grinders for cleaning then?

I use metal, wood, plastic, nylong, and silocon. If you get small surface scracthes try cleaning with Barkeeper's Friend, that keeps my SS looking great.

Back
Top Bottom