What's your favorite cookware?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jusnikki

Head Chef
Hi, This may not be the correct thread to post this in but..What is your favorite vessel or vessels to cook in. Please tell who it's made by and why you like it... I'm looking for new "good" cookware..lol.

Thanks much ~~~~:)

Last edited:
I don't think I have a out and out favorite... it depends on what I am cooking.
I use my 3.5 Cuisinart sauté pan quite a bit. I like the straight sides for pan frying and then making gravy. Moreso than a frying pan. Less splatter, plus you never know when you'll need a lid, but the same lid for my sauté pans also fit my Cuisinart fry pans. Still, it's easy to stir food around with the higher sides and whisk up a gravy. Chefs Classic I think they are. And I like this non-stick, kinda wok shaped pan, too. It's good for throwing a concoction together, like loaded mac and cheese, where you are frying up sausage and onions to start. It's easy to build stuff in, has lots of room, plus it cleans easy and has a lid. I don't remember the make off hand, but it's a real multi-tasker. The only thing I don't like about that pan is it's not dishwasher safe, whereas my other non-stick cookware is.
Really, anything is my favorite as long as there's food in it ;)

I use my 3.5 Cuisinart sauté pan quite a bit. I like the straight sides for pan frying and then making gravy. Moreso than a frying pan. Less splatter, plus you never know when you'll need a lid, but the same lid for my sauté pans also fit my Cuisinart fry pans. Still, it's easy to stir food around with the higher sides and whisk up a gravy. Chefs Classic I think they are. And I like this non-stick, kinda wok shaped pan, too. It's good for throwing a concoction together, like loaded mac and cheese, where you are frying up sausage and onions to start. It's easy to build stuff in, has lots of room, plus it cleans easy and has a lid. I don't remember the make off hand, but it's a real multi-tasker. The only thing I don't like about that pan is it's not dishwasher safe, whereas my other non-stick cookware is.

So the cuisinart is fairly good when it comes to nonstick? Most of the nonstick stuff I've purchased hasn't lasted very long. I don't even get the kind that looks like it may peel, lol. It never last.... and thanks for responding.:)

oops, I forgot to say, the Cuisinart items I mentioned are SS, but I do have one non-stick skillet the same brand that I use for eggs. I like Cuisinart's SS stuff, it works for me and isn't pricey. Their non-stick piece has been pretty good, too. And is DW safe.

By SS is that stainless steel? THere is a heat limitation on those isn't there?? I don't mean to be a nuisance, lol. Maybe I don't have the right kind cause food sticks in mine..

SS is stainless and food shouldn't stick if you follow the proper technique.

The trick to cooking with SS is to start with a clean pan (food will stick to any residue in the pan). Heat it to the proper temp and add the fat of your choice. When the fat is hot, add the meat/poultry/fish you want to cook and leave it alone for 3-4 minutes. Don't try to move or unstick it. Foods will initially stick but will release themselves as a crust is formed. You just have to be patient. Turn the food over and repeat.

Another vote for Cuisinart. It's reasonably priced, and you can get some good deals. I can also use it on my stand-alone induction burner as well as my glasstop.

My ancient and well seasoned Lodge fry pans are great too. You can get them preseasoned, and they are pretty much as non-stick as you can get without the peel away teflon.

Oooh ok, maybe I move the food to quickly. Thanks to all of you!! I can't remember if I have cuisinart but I'm going to try it if not...

Last edited:
Hi, This may not be the correct thread to post this in but..What is your favorite vessel or vessels to cook in. Please tell who it's made by and why you like it... I'm looking for new "good" cookware..lol.

Thanks much ~~~~:)

My tri-ply cookware, which are1 quart, 2 quart, and 4 quart sauce pans with lids; 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch fry pans; 3 quart and 5 quart Dutch ovens with lids; 6 quart saute pan with lid; and a 10 quart stock pot with colander, steaming insert, and lid; which look, work, and are guaranteed exactly like All-Clad at about ⅓ the price, are by Le Gourmet Chef. My teflon pans, consisting of a 12-inch everyday pan with a glass lid and an omelette pan, are from Calphalon. My 6-inch and 8-inch cast iron skillets are from Lodge and my 5 quart enameled cast iron Dutch oven is from Cost Plus World Market. I also have a Norpro Danish Aebleskiver Pan, a two egg size non-stick frying pan from Cost Plus World Market which is also good for one hamburger patty, and an Eggie Individual Mini Fry Pan from Bed, Bath & Junk.

Last edited:
My tri-ply cookware, which are1 quart, 2 quart, and 4 quart sauce pans with lids; 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch fry pans; 3 quart and 5 quart Dutch ovens with lids; 6 quart saute pan with lid; and a 10 quart stock pot with colander, steaming insert, and lid; which look, work, and are guaranteed exactly like All-Clad at about ⅓ the price, are by Le Gourmet Chef. My teflon pans, consisting of a 12-inch everyday pan with a glass lid and an omelette pan, are from Calphalon. My 6-inch and 8-inch cast iron skillets are from Lodge and my 5 quart enameled cast iron Dutch oven is from Cost Plus World Market. I also have a Norpro Danish Aebleskiver Pan, a two egg size non-stick frying pan from Cost Plus World Market which is also good for one hamburger patty, and an Eggie Individual Mini Fry Pan from Bed, Bath & Junk.

I'm loving this Cost Plus World Market. My first knowing of it.....Thanks much!!!:):)

For Non-Stick, I have a Calphelon that has treated me very well for years. All I have ever done to clean it, is wipe it with a paper towel. I use is solely for eggs, and crepes. That's really about it.

The "regular" cookware, is mainly All-Clad. I like the heavy bottoms, durability, construction, and the from stove top to oven capabilities. When on sale, there are some good deals to be had. As mentioned, when searing in SS, the food will release its self when it is properly seared. If it is sticking, just leave it be, it will release.

My most often used cookware is a toss up between my 10inch saute pan, and my crazy old cast iron, it was my grandmothers, mothers. I cherish it.

hands down it is Falk Culinair Belgian copper/stainless bimetal

durable, responsive, easy to clean with a scotchbrite pad and barkeepers friend

expensive? yes, about the same you'd pay for AllClad, Sitram, etc. But I will never have to replace it. (I will have to leave it to someone in my will.) How could I afford it? One piece at a time. Has it been worth it? Yup.

hands down it is Falk Culinair Belgian copper/stainless bimetal

durable, responsive, easy to clean with a scotchbrite pad and barkeepers friend

expensive? yes, about the same you'd pay for AllClad, Sitram, etc. But I will never have to replace it. (I will have to leave it to someone in my will.) How could I afford it? One piece at a time. Has it been worth it? Yup.

Robo, you raise a valid point too.

Cookware is an investment. Like all good tools, they may cost upfront, but if you break that down over X amount of years, for worry free usage, than the actual cost per year, over the lifetime is peanuts.

Quality doesn't cost, it pays.

I have a set of Calphalon non-stick that I got almost 14 years ago and it is still doing well. It is supplemented with 3 cast iron frying pans, a cast iron and an enameled cast iron dutch oven, a SS fry pan and several SS pots. All the SS I picked up as individual pieces at Marshall's or Macy's. I'll have to check the brands, but I know the SS I got at Macy's was Belgique Stainless Steel. And unless you need it ASAP, find the pieces you like/want and watch for sales. You can get some great deals around the various holidays' if you look.

Hands down, my favorite cookware is Cast Iron. It is nearly indestructible. Properly seasoned and cared for, it is as non stick as any other material I have ever cooked with. The only down side is the weight.
IMHO, the trade off is worth it. YMMV.

Robo, you raise a valid point too.

Cookware is an investment. Like all good tools, they may cost upfront, but if you break that down over X amount of years, for worry free usage, than the actual cost per year, over the lifetime is peanuts.

Quality doesn't cost, it pays.
I agree. Nearly all of my cookware was purchased used, some of it over 150 years old. It was the best when new, it is the best now. I use mainly copper and cast iron.

In bygone days, tradesmen were expected to own their own tools,whether they be chefs or carpenters, and they bought the best. A good copper pot could easily cost the equivalent of a weeks wages. I have several that are stamped with the owners initials.

pacanis said:

I have a similar stir fry type pan like that. I find it really handy. It's pretty big and has a helper handle. As much as I don't care for non stick, I have grown quite fond of that pan. My other half brought it into the relationship. I toss mine in the dishwasher and it has held up well.

I have a similar stir fry type pan like that. I find it really handy. It's pretty big and has a helper handle. As much as I don't care for non stick, I have grown quite fond of that pan. My other half brought it into the relationship. I toss mine in the dishwasher and it has held up well.
I have a large non stick wok myself. It is perfect for whipping up a quick dinner. One of my most used pans. I think I got mine from Costco for a few bucks, and expected to toss it in a year or so. That was several years ago.

Here's the one that I have.
I like that it has just a little bit of flat on the bottom, unlike my true wok.

There is no way I would buy a non-stick wok. The teflon coating would negate all the advantages of using a wok. You can pick up a really good steel wok at Cost Plus for about 12 bucks American. I wouldn't buy an electric wok, either. It can not get hot enough!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom