Where to get custom cookie cutters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
Has anyone ever made cookie cutters or found a place to have them custom made?

I've never heard of that at all Janet. Is there something you are looking to do? I look at cookie cutters everywhere we go but have never thought of having any made.

I've ordered from these people quite a few times. They do custom cutters, but only in bulk...around 5k pieces. However, they have a kit for making your own. I haven't tried it, but if you don't want too complex a shape, it may be worthwhile.

Make Your Own Cookie Cutters

Edit: They also have a huge variety of cutters...maybe they already have what you need?

JamesS - thanks for the link!

I've never heard of that at all Janet. Is there something you are looking to do?

I am looking to improve this giant cutter I made from a paint can lid, copious amounts of hot glue and plastic ruler 15 years ago. It's very functional but highly disgusting... I use it many time each year to make shortbread. The cutter makes a scalloped edge circle and the funky popsicle stick thing makes wedge shaped indentations in that circle so that the short bread cracks into 6 perfect pieces. This is all sized to fit into a standard size small small can that you can buy at dollar stores. I make them as gifts at xmas, etc. Each can holds 4 of these big cookies.

To make this even worse, I use the flat end of a carpenters pencil to make a pretty shaped oval imprint in each wedge. The paint can lid mock up was intended to be just that - a model, but it got pressed into service and I've been using it ever since. :ohmy:

Attachments

• cutter1.jpg
    cutter1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 219
  • cutter2.jpg
    cutter2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 216
  • cookie - 1.jpg
    cookie - 1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Pics of actual cookies - I had fun this weekend.....

This batch took 1.5 lbs of butter :) I found a place that may be able to make me a cutter but am still waiting for an estimate.:chef:

Attachments

• cockie2web.jpg
    cockie2web.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 187
  • cookie1web.jpg
    cookie1web.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 214
Perfect timing Thanks JamesS -- My youngest grandson 3rd bday is in a few days and he wants Firetruck theme for his party and I found a set of different fire items for only $7.95 on that site. Already placed the order. He will be thrilled to see the cookies. I have my work cut out of me as I already volunteered to make his cake. A Firetruck of course. Found that on the Betty Crocker website.
thanks again

The only problem with the vocational school that they may not have food safe grade material.

They would probably use aluminum as it is cheap and soft (easy bending). As long as it's clean, aluminum should be food safe.

I don't think so. There is a special alluminum that is food grade and it is actually pretty expencive.

Janet, your cookies look beautiful. I know this isn't exactly what you want, but have you thought about shortbread "pans". I am sure if you looked on the internet there would be something close or a place where you could fire your own.

Janet, your cookies look beautiful. I know this isn't exactly what you want, but have you thought about shortbread "pans". I am sure if you looked on the internet there would be something close or a place where you could fire your own.

oohh - that is very pretty, but I am holding out for the custom thing (if I can figure out how to get it made). The beauty of the cutter is that I can bake a lot of cookies at once. With the press, it would be slow to make them, one after the other. But those cookies are lovely....

Back
Top Bottom