Which Saute Pan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nuCook

Assistant Cook
I'm a newbie so please be gentle :)

Which saute pan is best from these two?

The Le Creuset: johnlewis.com/230478341/Product.aspx
Or the Raymond Blanc by Anolon: johnlewis.com/230624762/Product.aspx?source=14798

After speaking to both companies, the 3-ply in the Le Creuset goes up the sides, and the 5-ply in the Raymond Blanc is only on the base (so sides are stainless steel).

I went into John Lewis and had a look at both, the Raymond Blanc is a fair bit heavier than the Le Creuset, and also a little larger. They are both roughly the same price.

I can't decide - anyone got either? What do you think?

I would go with the 3-ply LeCrueset. I had SS cookware with disks on the bottom and got rid of them for tri-ply SS.

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. Was there any particular reason why you made the swap?

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. Was there any particular reason why you made the swap?

The primary reason was that I have a gas stove. With some of the smaller pans, the flame could reach beyond the disk edge to the single layer SS causing scorching of the food in the pan.
Also, if you use a pan in the oven to do a braise or stew, you get uniform heat all around with tri-ply - no worries.

Which one feels better in your hand? Sauteing involves tossing (technically), and I find a lighter, smaller pan easier to work with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom