Wound Up With Tramontina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexasBirdGirl

Assistant Cook
So, Sam's did not have the set I went there for. I think it was Tramotina anyway. So I had to go next door to Walmart for some school supplies. And they had a 8 pc set of tri-clad Tramotina for $150. It was a return and the box was a mess. I asked for a discount, and got it for $75!
I think I will use all the pieces.
I just wish they were not made in China. But it is what I can afford right now, and from what I have read here and the online reviews, seems like I did okay.
Thank you for all your help!!
;)

I have a Tramontina commercial egg pan. It's perfect for turning out a couple of eggs on short order.

I hope you enjoy your new set. You got a great deal for only $75. Let us know how it works out for you.

Just ran across this informative review of Tramontina vs All-Clad. The article mentions the exact set you purchased. Looks to me like you did very well for yourself.

I have a piece from that line, I bought it to go with a kenmore elite clad set, so far the tramontina has been great, beautiful pan and performs well, I even cook omlettes in it with no sticking.

I think that you got a heck of a deal on some great cookware, a set that will last many years.

I cannot wait to get to cooking!!
I have been 3 years without my CI, because I was afraid to use it on my smooth top. (Used to have a gas range then we moved) But did not know what to get. Life has been really hectic too so it was not a priority.
I was using Silverstone :wacko:
I figure if I can cook on that junk, this will be a dream!:D

I have a glass cooktop and use my enameled cast iron on it.
You just have to be careful moving it around.
Congrats on your Tramontina find, it sounds like you did really well!

I have a glass cooktop and use my enameled cast iron on it.
You just have to be careful moving it around.
Congrats on your Tramontina find, it sounds like you did really well!

Thank you!
My cast Iron is not enameled, I am afraid of scratching more than anything. And I would be lying if I told you the weight did not bother me at all :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom