Yet another All-clad question thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tonedef131

Assistant Cook
I have read through all the threads I have seen about all-clad and haven't found a solid answer to my question. How do you know where your all-clad was manufactured? I see people complaining about how some of it is made in China now, but how can you determine where it is manufactured before you buy it? I have a couple sauce pans and a fry pan and love them, so I want to continue to expand my collection, but I want to make sure I continue to get the same quality of stuff. I think this saute pan will be my next investment: Macy*s - Kitchen - All-Clad Stainless 3.5-Quart Saute Pan with Domed Lid

Welcome to DC!!

All-Clad is made in the USA at Canonsburg PA. Some of their accessory items are made "offshore"...whisks, inserts in double boilers, one of the larger stock pots..etc. This was what I was told when I contacted them some time back....Hope this helps...

Thanks, that price just seems too good to be true. Maybe I will try contacting them to make sure it has the aluminum all the way up the sides and not just on the bottom like with the emiril brand.

Have you heard that All-Clad was made in China and that there were quality problems with it?

That's a good but not unbelieveable price for a 3.5-quart saute with a lid. I'd go for it if I was in the market.

I'm not so much concerned with quality problems as just quality to begin with. I wanted to make sure it had the aluminum all the way through it. My only concern with that pan is that you can only get it at Macys, otherwise you cannot get a 3.5qt from all-clad and they all come with flat lids. Since they are making it exclusivly for macys and it costs about half of what you would expect, it made me wonder.

I know that some All Clad is made in China -- eg a large roaster that my SIL has -- because it is labeled as such. My other SIL gave me her American made one a while back so I am lucky.

I am under the impression that consumer goods must be labeled with the country of manufacture. All Clad has such info right on the box.

Unless you are buying it from a reputable discounter like Cookware and More, or during a one time sale or special promotion like on Amazon or Bloomies, I would be wary about the deep discount ....

jennyema said:
Unless you are buying it from a reputable discounter like Cookware and More, or during a one time sale or special promotion like on Amazon or Bloomies, I would be wary about the deep discount ....
Exactly, I shot them an E-mail about it. If I get a response I will post the result here.

Macy's is a major national department store chain. I imagine they are as trustworthy as any other retailer. Based on the description in the link you posted, the item is made in the USA and has a surrounding aluminum core.

Here is their response:
Hello,

That 3.5 quart pan is something we sell exclusively to Macy's. There is no difference than any of our other pans. That pan is known as a kicker. We offer many kicker items to all of our retailers at an extremely discounted prices. If they decide to buy the pieces from us they must sell them for a discounted price. The main purpose of this is to allow people to try a piece of All-Clad to introduce them to our brand. Hopefully through use of the cookware they will buy other pieces.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Carl Evanko
Customer Service Representative
All-Clad Metalcrafters LLC
1-800-255-2523

yeh it's real and made in USA. AllCLad has been very upfront about where they make their product and what it is.
A couple of their largest stock pots are disc bottom, alwas have been. A few of their accessories are manufactured overseas. SOme of the small promo items have been but they sell for $20.
At that price for what it is...get several! (great wedding gift or whatever)

****! Now the link is no good and I have NO idea what the price was on that saute! Is it offered at this GREAT (yet unknown to me) price anywhere else?

I LOVE my All-clad set! So glad I bought them when I started cooking years ago...I even packed them up and shipped them over here!!!

The price was $99. I got on to buy it the other day and the websight said they weren't carrying it any longer, so I called the store. They carry it in the store, but the price is $199. However they told me that there would be a sale on it and it would be $99 in a couple days. That was last wendsday, so the sale is probobly over, but keep your eyes open for the next one. I bought one and it is a great pan, it made some killer sake poached cod on saturday.

Yes, most All-Clad items are manufactured in the USA with the exception of of some specialty items like the oval bakers, asparagus steamer pot, food mill, and the disk bottom stock pots. It should be noted that these items made in China are not clad as is all the All-Clad made in the US.

If you're surfing the web for All-Clad items, look at the SKU and if it begins with 599* then it was manufactured in China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom