Coffee ... How Do You Drink It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rich, non-bitter Kona coffee with cream (real cream) and stevia sweetener. Two to two and one half cups before noon. None after 12:00 p.m. Tea or ice water for the balance of the day.

I used to drink Chock Full O Nuts and now I drink grocery store dark roasted.

Black, with an ice cube in it, if it is too hot.

A pot in the morning and a pot in the late afternoon.

I used to enjoy a cigarette or two with it but, those days are gone.

Alas, I don't drink it much anymore, as it makes me really jittery. We have a cup of Kenyan Special Roast on Sundays, with a drop of Kahlua and some half and half.

Love both the Louisana brew and the Kona!

Anyone ever had good coffee at work (not including restaurants)? It tastes like swill....

Selkie said:
Oh, do you mean the large urn with the tennis shoe at the bottom?

Exactly!

A guy I used to work with would dump the new grounds on top of the old grounds and fire it up. Blech, spit, spit.

Did not realize the tennis shoe was the secret, Selkie. Thanks for the recipe!

Last edited:
Instant coffee with creamer, sugar, and sometimes a little evaporated milk to cool it off.

Honestly, I just like the flavor.

I drink less caffeine now because it sets my blood pressure off, and then I feel uncomfortable.

Dunkin Donuts Original or Dunkin Dark (my favorite) light cream and sugar. Two mugs in the morning. None the rest of the day.

We drink either 8 o'clock Columbian or Dunkin Donut - we both drink it black. I drink 1 cup - dh drinks the rest of the pot. He makes 6 cups after dinner - I drink 1, he drinks the rest.

I dtink a decafinated dark rich Italian roast. Gotta watch that blood pressure:LOL:Days I go to dialysis I take a thermos full after having a 1/2 cup as I'm getting ready. many times I use the rest over Ice I love Iced coffee just plain. Yum
kades

I was hoping to see a few home roasters in the thread.

This morning was a single origin El Salvadorian Molino de Santa Rita roasted to a City + level. Served hot with a shot of cream.

Decaf espresso only, topped with a little half & half.
(I also use it often in my chocolate baking).

2 12-ounce cups of Sumatran Reserve or Dark Magic or Paul Newman's (Keurig K-Cups) each morning. Each cup has 1 tsp raw cane sugar and 2 tablespoons 1/2&1/2. Sometimes in the afternoon around 4 pm, I may have another cup...but I usually stick with water.

metoo, folgers black silk for every day, extra strong, usually two cups with breakfast, a pinch of sugar, a splash of half-n-half, dripped in a cheapo Mr. Coffee. Lunch sometimes makes me want to siesta, so I often have an early afternoon cup of joe. On weekends, I might pull a bag of freshly roasted beans from the frig for grinding and I almost always drink this black.

I once saw a home-roaster in action. Looks like a miniature chile pepper roaster. The aroma was intoxicating!

Douwe Egberts Pure Gold Instant with milk and 1/4 tsp of sugar. (Everyone always asks me why bother with sugar if you only have 1/4 tsp but I taste it!)
2 cups in the morning and sometimes one at night.
Filter coffee only when I dine out and then I drink it black with no sugar or with a tot of Southern Comfort.

Last edited:
Oh, do you mean the large urn with the tennis shoe at the bottom?

Or the old "boiler pot" at deer camp. Throw in a hand full of coffee grounds per quart of water and bowl the daylights out of it. Not too bad on a cold morning...just don't drink that last swallow....pour it out!!!! ;)

I buy what ever ground, organic, fair trade coffee I can find. And I recently switched over to an "automatic" coffee making system by Cuisinart. For many years I liked to use a 1930's era ceramic drip coffee maker, by Porcelier, made over on the Ohio River. I take my coffee heavy on the 1/2 & 1/2.

Back
Top Bottom