"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2016, 02:58 AM   #21
Head Chef

My husband had his single malt last night, I was too tired for anything strong so I just had more glögg-
Old 12-25-2016, 08:51 AM   #22
Certified Pretend Chef

SO picked up a bottle of prosecco and we opened that last night. Maybe we could try another brand...
Old 12-25-2016, 09:22 AM   #23
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

LaMarca Prosseco is the one I have tried and I liked it. Not much of a champagne girl.

Prefer Moscato.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:59 AM   #24
Executive Chef

I like moscato better too. I REALLY like Saracco Moscato D'Asti. I've been drinking it on and off for years ever since Ming Tsai (I'm pretty sure it was him) recommended it.
medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 11:04 AM   #25
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
DH got some whipped cream flavored vodka from work. Most disgusting thing I've ever tasted. Not even sure what I would do with it, other than beat it into some whipped cream.
I used it when I made these: It's one of the versions of a Screaming O (and yes it's that word, just not sure if I can use it here). They were really good, but WAY too heavy for me, I think it was all the cream.
medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 11:26 AM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Favorite Holiday Beverages

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
I used it when I made these: It's one of the versions of a Screaming O (and yes it's that word, just not sure if I can use it here). They were really good, but WAY too heavy for me, I think it was all the cream.

Hm. This interests me, thanks med! Sort of like a White Russian, only with whipped cream flavored vodka. Along with other stuff.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:35 PM   #27
Master Chef

Starting to work on the turkey dinner, so I'm having a beer and clamato for lunch.
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:25 PM   #28
Cook

I love making cocktails, but I don't usually find the recipe in my bar book. Favourites in my liquor cabinet are gin, coffee liquor, cream rum, and bubblie. Additions are usually egg nog, hot chocolate, ice cream, pomegranate, iced coffee. I also make hypocras (red wine that is heated slightly, add spices, bottle it for 24 hours, serve room temperature- not the same as mulled wine, mulled wine has a tendency to lose alcoholic properties due to heat and dilution). I don't drink much anymore but I love making cocktails for others.
Flour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:40 PM   #29
Master Chef

My cousin made toffee vodka - out of this world (I'm a toffee fiend!). Dead easy. He ground up a packet of caramel toffees (do I mean candies?) removed about 2-3 inches of vodka from the standard sized bottle and added the toffees. didn't say how long he kept it but not long
Old 12-30-2016, 05:46 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Saw this drink mix online somewhere recent. The glass was all frosted up with crushed ice, and looked like an orange snow cone. So it's what we're having NYE. Plus, we both like ginger flavor. The big clinker in the ice machine is that neither of us drink alcohol, so Seltzer water substitute it is. Still ought to be pretty good.

2 ounces bourbon
1 ounce triple sec
3 tablespoons fresh ginger simple syrup
3 ounces fresh orange juice
Crushed ice

Make ginger syrup in advance. Combine the bourbon, triple sec, ginger syrup, and orange juice. Fill a glass with crushed ice and pour the cocktail over.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:34 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

This does sound good, Whiska. Not a bourbon fan, but it sounds almost like a margarita, so I bet it would be good with tequila.