Help with coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gee Andy. And I thought I was bad pressing brew and forgetting to put my mug under the dispenser :wacko:

Should see Shrek's eyes pop out and steam from his ears when I put an unproven cup on, set it for 12 oz. and then WALK AWAY!!!:ROFLMAO:

I understand "doohickey", "thingy" and "thingamajig". It's all in the context and body language.

I'll admit, I succumbed to subliminal DC suggestions and the need for a new toy. I am now the proud owner of a Keurig Platinum, following a Costco foray. We got the same deal that Andy got. Got the 60 free cups, which will last us for a very long time. We don't drink much coffee, and have just not been happy with the Cuisinart that grinds and brews, as it's a pain to clean and was never hot enough. So far, I'm very pleased with this little machine! We did the initial test on French Vanilla as it was expendable and we don't care for flavored coffees, and were very impressed! It was so much hotter than what the Cuisinart would brew, and quite good! Hopefully more experimentation won't keep me up too late....

Conga-rats Dawg! Enjoy! Funny, I actually drink less now, simply because I don't feel I have to finish off a pot a coffee. Now I don't even have headaches from lack of caffiene.

Thanks PF! Oh, how I remember that caffeine withdrawal headache.

I'm excited to try the whatever cup with my hibiscus tea.

I like the hot water feature for tea, good thing, I have gobs of tea bags. The only tea K-Cups I have are Sleepytime and English Breakfast. I go through lots of those.

Now don't sit up all night trying the next interesting. And be sure to write down the ones you have tried with a short review so you can remember which ones you liked. I take the odd ones that come as samples or ones we don't care for to work and put them in the front conference room for others to try.

I'm not a tea drinker, but that Sleepytime was good. I drank it straight up and enjoyed the flavor.

Yes, good aroma, too.
Does it actually make you sleepy, or is it caffeine free?

Thanks. I was wondering.
It didn't make me sleepy, but not much does.

Just finishing a cup of Tully's French Roast and I like it. SO made a cup with her own coffee. She said it was a little strong. Fewer grinds next time.

if you like tully's french roast, andy, then do try tully's extra bold italian roast too. it's a powerhouse brew, a good first morning cuppa.

:sigh: So far, DH has powered through all the decaf and the tea with the Keurig. Now he's into the high test. Fer Pete's sake, we just bought it.

So my theory about 60 K- cups lasting for eons is no longer valid. At least he's having fun.

Last edited:
:sigh: So far, DH has powered through all the decaf and the tea with the Keurig. Now he's into the high test. Fer Pete's sake, we just bought it.

So my theory about 60 K- cups lasting for eons is no longer valid. At least he's having fun.

Geeze... by the time you catch up with him he'll be in Tucson, AZ.:ROFLMAO:

You folks are having too much fun with your new toy. I am going to finally get to use my mini pie maker that I bought so very long ago. Time for me to have fun. Apple pies coming up. :angel:

Tried a cup of Emeril's coffee this AM. I don't like it as much as the Tully's FR. Still my Favorite.

Dawgluver, that is too funny! I can just see him "testing" each different flavor. Its a great little gadget. Hope you get to try one or two types!

Back
Top Bottom