Instant coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes...it saves time and it really depends on how u make it..personally i love instant mexican brand coffee...and also the Nescafe 3 in 1 my aunt brought from the Philippines

I can't possibly drink it. I drink my coffee black, and I think instant is nasty black. I DO use it for baking and cooking. makes a good rub for filet.

When I was traveling, I would take Taster's Choice because I could use a quarter for a spoon and stir with my toothbrush end into a water glass filled with hot water from the sink and a sugar pack I stole from Burger King the night before.(did I say cheap hotel and lazy salesman?) Now I buy Eight O'Clock beans and grind em up on the grinder Santa Clause gave me at 61 years old. Nummy!

I would rather bite my right arm off. However, I have instant espresso powder to use for baking. I do have a rather intense coffee/espresso bar set-up complete with grinder.

With enough french vanilla (or vanilla caramel or hazelnut) creamer I can make motor oil taste ok. I drink drip coffee at home on the weekends, and at work during the week. But if I were at someone's house and all they had was instant I would drink it. I might just drink another beverage that was offered as well. Everyone usually has water!:chef:

I have to drink decaf because I am breastfeeding, but the instant works great if I want to use milk instead of water, then it's like an instant latte. Not too bad tasting I don't think!

i came from a family who loves coffee, i can drink coffee all day, i like it mild, with sugar, and lots of milk...

Just following up on this thread which I started several years ago.

Lately I've been using regular ground coffee beans as instant coffee. The difference here is that the grounds will simply sink to the bottom of the mug and settle there while I sip the coffee. Works for me...

Last edited:
I'm a Swede, who cant drink coffee. Yeah that is messed up for being a Swede, our social life revolves around coffee. My Scottish husband drinks coffee, like a Swede now, he used to drink instant, he refuses now a day and his parents used to drink instant and we are now sending coffee from Sweden to them.

Instant exist here in Sweden but it isnt as popular as ground coffee, people like making a pot in the morning and drinking it all before work. Yes, starting your day with 1- 2 cup of coffee is normal here.

I'm a Swede, who cant drink coffee. Yeah that is messed up for being a Swede, our social life revolves around coffee. My Scottish husband drinks coffee, like a Swede now, he used to drink instant, he refuses now a day and his parents used to drink instant and we are now sending coffee from Sweden to them.

Instant exist here in Sweden but it isnt as popular as ground coffee, people like making a pot in the morning and drinking it all before work. Yes, starting your day with 1- 2 cup of coffee is normal here.

It's pretty normal here, too. Some prefer tea, but coffee is more common.

We are third on the list on most coffee consumed per person in the world, Finland and the Netherlands bets us.

I drink tea, a lot of tea....

I haven't experienced Finland"s coffee though I would love to, but i know that the Netherlands' are great, too.........we have about 20 pounds of their Douwe Egberts in our pantry right now..........:) because of where we live we go thru Schipol a lot........give me the name of some good Finnish coffees and I will look for them......:)

I'm Swedish , I would say go for Arvid Nordquist Classic. But even IKEAS is good, not great but good. Zoega is also good brand. But also up to the water quality which coffee works and dont work.

I haven't experienced Finland"s coffee though I would love to, but i know that the Netherlands' are great, too.........we have about 20 pounds of their Douwe Egberts in our pantry right now..........:) because of where we live we go thru Schipol a lot........give me the name of some good Finnish coffees and I will look for them......:)

Because where you are right now switch to tea. Though, I bet they do drink a lot of coffee, don't they? How is their coffee? Traditionally Middle East is considered very good coffee. That is if you like very strong coffee.

For my husband and I, we have a Keurig and drink strong (Kirkland brand Pacific Bold made by Green Mountain) coffee; I'm one cup a day, DH is 3-4/day.
When we are traveling and away from our beloved brewed coffee, we have with us, always, Starbuck's Via Columbia Instant Coffee from Costco too, which is a medium roast, but quite strong, we think, and does the trick. We also travel with our half and half as well as Truvia (stevia) sweetener, oh and our retro plastic coffee mugs come with us too. (way cool, right? my Mom found these for me. I had been looking for them for YEARS! Perfect for traveling)
<edit-wait, it's this one the Tupperware brand mugs https://wanelo.com/p/54575544/vinta...perware-coffee-cups-yellow-brown-green-orange)

I'm also a one cup a day Peppermint tea kinda gal, don't know why, but that's what I like after breakfast.

Last edited:
After DH and I quit drinking coffee on a regular basis, many years ago, we now both might have just a cup or two with the Keurig, usually on the weekend, and not after 2pm, otherwise we jitter through the day. I do like strong flavored coffee, it doesn't like me.

I made a lovely home-made Kahlua with salvaged hotel coffee a while back, both ground and instant. Big mistake. We didn't think we were going to be able to sleep for days. It was like the caffeine stuff (NoDoze) we used in college to study for exams, but for elephants.

Last edited:
After DH and I quit drinking coffee on a regular basis, many years ago, we now both might have just a cup or two with the Keurig, usually on the weekend, and not after 2pm, otherwise we jitter through the day. I do like strong flavored coffee, it doesn't like me.

I made a lovely home-made Kahlua with salvaged hotel coffee a while back, both ground and instant. Big mistake. We didn't think we were going to be able to sleep for days. It was like the caffeine stuff (NoDoze) we used in college to study for exams, but for elephants.

BAHAHAHA! Somehow, I can see that ... :LOL:

Because where you are right now switch to tea. Though, I bet they do drink a lot of coffee, don't they? How is their coffee? Traditionally Middle East is considered very good coffee. That is if you like very strong coffee.

oh, my, yes.........many here drink tea (chai).........but coffee as well.......so we're lucky in that we can find all kinds of coffee brands, too........anything to energize the ticker!:LOL:

I had to as Lady B, she is American living in Sweden about the difference in Swedish coffee and American. I got look of are you kidding me, well she used to have strong American coffee 5 cups a day, she tried the same with Swedish medium roast and she was bouncing and shaking and couldnt sleep. So according to her Swedish coffee is much stronger.

I just now that right now my kitchen smells of new baked chocolate chip cookies with hint of hazelnuts, thanks to my husband making coffee and cooking oatmeal porridge at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom