New Study on Wine Consumption

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To my mind this study is a no-brainer....
How You Pour Wine Can Affect How Much You Drink

I would hope there are better things to spend research money on, but then what do I know?
When I was in graduate school, I do recall one of the research grants awarded was $25K to study how long it took elephant dung to hit the ground. I have no idea what contribution knowing this would make to anything...except maybe how closely you want to follow an elephant in a parade...

I want to have a fairly precise measure, if I will be driving afterwards. I'm not of the school that believes it's just one glass, if it is overfilled.

I've observed that how much one has previously had to drink has more of a direct correlation on how much they pour into their glass than anything else. For example, I have a sister-in-law who starts the night with rather conservative pours. However, by the time she's downed a couple of drinks, subsequent pours get closer and closer to the top of the glass. I've developed a couple of scientific hypotheses that might account for this behavior:

1. Bigger pours means having to get up and walk to the bottle less often.
  2. The woman likes to drink.

Where can I get some research money to further study this phenomenon? :LOL:

If the discussion is about drinking wine, I'm all for it. If the discussion is about drunk driving or alcoholism, I am 110% against it.
Oh oh....:eek: I see a broken sense of humor. Must be because of the new holiday in the US that started today. Please use one of these.
img_1305650_0_99ca24bd3598f48697623a64bed38550.jpg

They are redeemable at any Canadian Consulate, Embassy or any Harvey's restaurant.
You can get a temporary Canadian sense of humor until your Government comes back on line.:mrgreen:
P.S. If you ask really nice they will give you a Newfoundland one. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom