What do you serve with the Thanksgiving Turkey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronjohn55

Head Chef
This was on a homebrew discussion list, though it might be fun to ask here as well...

Ok, sorry to the folks overseas who aren't celebrating Thanksgiving,
but I was wondering, what is everyone serving with the turkey?

Do you skip the beer and go with wine? Which kind?
Do you skip the beer and drink a non-alcoholic beverage?
Or do you blast away with a nice pumpkin ale? ;-)

Me, I'll probably have a few before dinner, go with water, and then
move back to beer for the rest of the evening..

John

I'll have a few beers before everyone gets here, put it all away about 5 minutes before they arrive, have sweet tea with the meal, & when they are all gone, except the few in the family that drink, break out the beer again & party till the cows come home! :LOL:

We have everything. I usually have beer, but we also have all the hard stuff out as well as wine. Mulled cider is a must though.

Might serve some wine before dinner, but with dinner normally just tea, water or coke.

Cherry Spiced Cider

Yield: 8 servings
1 quart apple cider
3/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
1 stick cinnamon
1 strip (1/2x3-inches) orange peel
3 whole cloves
3 whole allspice
16 maraschino cherries
8 orange slice halves
Procedures
1 This tasty beverage is a treat for youngsters.
2 Put apple cider, orange juice, maraschino cherry juice, cinnamon sticks, orange peel, cloves and allspice in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes.
3 Strain out cinnamon sticks, orange peel, cloves and allspice.
4 Place 2 maraschino cherries and 1 orange slice half in each of six mugs.
5 Pour about 2/3 cup spiced cider over cherries. Serve warm.
6 Note: Spiced cider can be prepared in advance and reheated just before serving

Beer before, wine during, and this year - Limoncello after.

I am bringing my home brew for Dad to try since he's the one who gave me the recipe.

I have a variety on hand--white and red wines, beer, scotch for my dad, a bunch of sodas and seltzers. I don't worry about what's appropriate to serve with what.

That cherry spiced cider sounds really good. Plus, it reminds me that we have a lovely spiced cherry wine that we brought home from our trip. Maybe we'll open that up later in the evening, either with or after desert.

John

I'm serving Sparkling Cranberry juice, Sparkling Apple juice, & white zin.
My husband & I are the only ones who drink, so we can't overdo it. I'm sure hubby will go thru some beer before my family arrives, and immediately after. He says he's having Einhoven (think that spelling's right)

PS - Mudbug - think of me when you're downing the limoncello!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom