What quenches your thirst?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
suzyQ3 said:
Sometimes it's cool water, but more often, it's Fresca. It's the only soft drink that isn't yuckily sweet.

And Fresca has made such a wonderful comeback, too! I love it, too!

jkath said:
I'm with Amber - ice water with a lemon wedge. No sugar, as I use the meyers from the tree - they're sweeter than a regular lemon.

I want a myer's lemon:D

corazon90 said:
Chocolate cokes from Sonic. They never fail. French cokes are good too but not as tasty.

Sadly, no Sonics here in WA. :( I like iced chai and a good iced minty tea is quenching as well. Every once in a while I crave good apple juice (I'm talking Odwalla type, not sugary mott's or something like that) or fresh oj.

Have you ever had the Martinelli's apple juice? It's the best I've every tasted. Comes in this adorable glass jar..

For me, it depends on why I'm thirsty. If the thirst is from eating red meat, or savory foods, especially with salt, then ice-cold milk does it for me. I also get very thirsty for milk after eating a rich desert. But that may be a cleansing of the sweetness from the pallate and throat.

If it's a hot day, or strenuous activity that brought about the thirst, then ice-cold water, with a bit of lemon peel does the trick. Pop (soda for the rest of the country, except the dep South where all soft-drinks are called Coke) just makes me more thirsty.

Once, and only once, an ice-cold beer hit the spot, when I was 18 and clearing land of tag-alders and their stumps one hot, summer day. But that was before I decided that I could no longer stand the flavor of alcohol, nor the hang-overs:LOL: , and quit drinking for good.

Once in a great while, I get a hankering for Mountain Due, diet of course. And a Squirt will occasionally cross my lips as well.

As for fruit juices, nothing says satisfaction like grapefruit juice for me.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Water is my first choice...

come to think of it, it's my second and third choices too.

Unsweetened iced tea or ice-water usually do the job for me, but if I have cotton mouth from taking cold medications a Sprite or 7-up over lots of ice seem to do the trick.
If I've had something salty for supper, sometimes I wake up in the night really thirsty. I find, like Goodweed, that a glass of cold milk works better than anything else.

buckytom said:
does anyone else like watered down drinks when they're thirsty?
I do BT. I really enjoy orange juice cut in half with water when I am thristy.

If I am really trying to quench my thirst though, there is nothing like water. Plain water. If I need some flavor then a little bit of lemon.

If I am thirsty, but it is not like I just ran a marathon then I love a good iced tea.

corazon90 said:
Sadly, no Sonics here in WA. :(

I'll trade you a Sonic for a Taco Time!

For me, I like juice mixed in equal portion with water. We make juice for me son this way, and found I like it a lot too. Also I like the original green gatorade, but prefer to mix it with some water to dilute.

On a very hot day, I love a big tall glass of fruit juice, or peach flavoured iced tea. (Recently I found an iced "jasmine" tea concoction with peach flavour. that was exceptionally refreshing!)

Before and after working out, I prefer a small cup of sugared drink, preferably non-fizzy, for some energy boost.
During the workout, ice cold water will do. I tend to heat up quickly on the move so I need a frequent supply of it.

Other times, I could just keep on sipping some hot black tea, with a little milk and honey all day!

Constance said:
Unsweetened iced tea or ice-water usually do the job for me, but if I have cotton mouth from taking cold medications a Sprite or 7-up over lots of ice seem to do the trick.
If I've had something salty for supper, sometimes I wake up in the night really thirsty. I find, like Goodweed, that a glass of cold milk works better than anything else.

never considered the glass of milk for anything other than a vehicle to get the chocolate cake down..:LOL:

GB said:
I do BT. I really enjoy orange juice cut in half with water when I am thristy.

If I am really trying to quench my thirst though, there is nothing like water. Plain water. If I need some flavor then a little bit of lemon.

If I am thirsty, but it is not like I just ran a marathon then I love a good iced tea.

One of my favourite morning beverages is orange juice, lemon/lime seltzer and lots of ice. It's great, especially if you've had a few cocktails the night before:cool:

I am all water when I'm thirsty. After a night of a few cocktails, I always crave V8 with lime. Actually, V8 is good all the time.

Back
Top Bottom