Anyone go to a henckel warehouse sale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LKJR

Assistant Cook
http://usa.zwilling.com/

looks like you have to go in person, wondering if anyone has gone in the past, if they have had them before. Looking at getting the 10pc block set of the twin cuisine. Wondering if I should hold out for a sale.

You might consider shopping online at Amazon for particular knives rather than having a complete set of something. Or even a complete set, if that is what is desired. They have good sales and free shipping in most cases.
I find I really only use several kinds of knives--Santoku, chef's, paring, bread, slicer. I use a magnetic strip to keep my knives. And all my knives are not one brand, depending on "feel" in my hand.
Also I might be willing to spend more money on a good brand name chef's knife than I would be willing to spend on the same brand of bread knife. That is to say, I don't think I need a $80 bread slicer, but that could be fine for a chef's or slicer.
Also, if you want a block, Costco has a Wusthof block of knives, if that brand would suit you.

In my experience, whole sets of knives rarely go on sale at drastically reduced prices, unless a style is being discontinued, as is happening with the Henckel 4 star style this year. You are more apt to see individual knives at reduced prices. I've bought nearly all my knives at one sale or another, over the years! And, as Gretchen says, they don't all have to match.

knives

I need a good knife for chopping. Have never wanted to spend alot of money. Now after using a Le Creuset dutch oven and a brand new 4 qt. saute pan from all-clad,I'm hooked on quality. I am just starting to enjoy cooking. It has been a chore for the most part. I was told at williams sonoma that once you use good cookware you'll never go back to inferior pots. What a difference...I think.Is it all in my head because I've been told that??! Now I want to chop, dice and get into more veggies.

3babies - uh oh - you've joined the cult!!!!! lol

No, it's not in your head. You will love a good chef's knife. I like my 8" chef's knife (the blade is 8" excluding the handle). It's large enough to do a lot of chopping at once while keeping the tip on the chopping block. My favorite knife is my Santoku. Couldn't live without that one! I like the rocking motion available in my chef's knife for certain prep work though.

You will become totally dependent on that one knife in NO time!!!! Start thinking now about what you are going to get rid of to make room for all your new quality toys!!!!!

Last edited:
Kitchenelf, you're evil. LoL Making someone think about what to throw away!!!

Actually, tho, I went through the knife drawer and said .. I'm keeping that, getting rid of that, I can't throw that one out, but I really don't want it in that drawer. Sometimes thinking is good. :)

Someone on this site recomended a upper scale web site that sold high end knives for less...... cannot remember the site. ANY HELP ?????

Bob J

The warehouse sale is located in Hawthorne, NY (Henckels US headquarters). I've heard they have great deals. It is a walk in sale and I believe its held over 2 weekends.

Back
Top Bottom