Atoma Diamond Plate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
Last Christmas out nieces/nephew got me the Atoma 140 diamond plate for my Edge Pro. For various reasons I haven't used it, though I needed it for a couple specific tasks.

Last night I broke it out to clean up the edge on two knives. My everyday pocket knife was becoming embarrassingly dull, but had different angled bevels from different sharpeners used before the Edge Pro. My Junglee had about a mm chip in the edge (ok, so don't try and open a resin can with a knife).

This stone rips away metal so quickly. It took minutes to remove the chip and to even out the bevel. This is not a plate I would use on most things, it would be too easy to damage a decent edge with it.

Both knives are back to clean and sharp. I left my everyday knife not as fine as the other, but the edge is also wider so tis ok.

I just looked that up, WOW they are affordable, and you say its good, I am going to give one a try.. thanks

The best hting I ever got for my Apex was an angle cube, I love that thing...

Last edited:
I just looked that up, WOW they are affordable, and you say its good, I am going to give one a try.. thanks

The best hting I ever got for my Apex was an angle cube, I love that thing...

I'd have to say the drill stop collar makes a huge difference...

Because with that Atoma... it is efficient.

The Atoma is awesome! I use mine all the time for rebeveling exotic steels. A full sized one would be great for flattening stones, too. Less stiction that a DMT. I love my Atoma! One of the best pickups you'll ever make.

Note that they make other grits. I've only used the 140 but I'm tempted to try one of the finer ones.

Back
Top Bottom