Ceramic Knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Boker with what I understand is a blade made from Kyocera's ceramics. New, it was not very sharp. I've been able to improve it's sharpness with diamond sharpeners, but most any steel knife can be made sharper than my ceramic.

Yep, I like ceramics alot more now, especially after finding out there are knives out there on the market that claim to be forged steel that are not, I have totally changed over to ceramic. You only get what you pay for. For my money, the ceramic is a sure thing.

Yep, I like ceramics alot more now, especially after finding out there are knives out there on the market that claim to be forged steel that are not, I have totally changed over to ceramic. You only get what you pay for. For my money, the ceramic is a sure thing.

A sure thing? Sure to be fragile, not very sharp out of the box and impossible to get really sharp. Any decent knife, forged, stamped or cut out, can be made sharper than any ceramic I've seen.

Obviously it's a crappy deal if a manufacturer is dishonest about their products, but bear in mind that forged knives aren't inherently better than non-forged knives by virtue of being forged. Many of the best Japanese knives aren't drop-forged in the sense you think of when you think of a Wusthof or Henckels. Yet I think they're vastly superior to those forged Germans.

Back
Top Bottom