Chef Tony Knives "Rock n Chop, etc Infomercial...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You all just saved me from getting them. I just logged on it read reviews... I always get sucked into the adds and think wooow .
Thanks a lot everyone , I you saved one of my friends from receiving this as a wedding gift .

As seen on TV is a definite no. They guarantee for life, then they die!! Not only that, but most products are imported and they are junk.
For everyday use in the kitchen, without spending a fortune, I'll go to a resturant supply store. "Russel-Dexter" knives are pretty good and the price is not bad.

lol @ this thread. I can't believe how far i've come.

looking back i remember these "Chef Tony" knives. What a schiester and a two bit con artist. I wonder how many people bought those knives thinking they were god's gift, only to have them fall apart, rust, and chip and become dull......

oh boy thought i'd TTT this thread for nostalgia
He hawks them on "Ideal World" a shopping channel in the UK. He irritates me no end!

I've always bought Sabatier knives but the name no longer means what it did. There are some very cheap and nasty knives around claiming to be Sabatier.

If you haven't got a lot of cash to throw around I'd look at IKEA. A year or two back I was asked to teach a class of cooking beginners. I needed to provide the equipment and didn't want my best knives mangling so I bought a few cheap and cheerful cook's knives from the afore-mentioned Swedish shop, thinking it wouldn't matter if they were ruined and I had to throw them away. No such luck! They stood up to all the students could throw at them and they have become among my favourite knives in my kitchen. They won't last a lifetime, but then, neither will I and I have no grandchildren to leave them to, so who cares.

As seen on TV.... That should speak in volumes to run as fast as your legs can go!

Has anyone every bought a "As seen on TV" and loved the product. Had it perform beyond what "they" claim? Even if you had your doubts? :angel:

I bought these knives, when starting all over after Hurricane Katrina, in a new town. I paid 20 bucks for the same set, locally. The rock n chop became my pizza slice server, and the rest, well were meted out to anyone who needed a knife for their kitchen.

From the rock n chop, i did move to a santoku knife, and have been happy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom