Deglon Meeting Knife Set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never seen such a concept as the knives each nesting within its next larger size, and all of them fully stainless steel including the "block" (more of a slab the knives rest upon.) Frankly, modernism does not appeal to me. I prefer the traditional knife block set, the knives with black riveted handles and a wooden block (e.g. my Henckels knives and block.)

I wonder how those handles will feel since it appears that all but the smallest knife have a hollow in the handle to contain the smaller size.

However the Degalon is at least to me a unique idea, and an interesting concept in a sort of knives-as-art way, and I'm sure some people find appeal in modernistic kitchen utensils.

I know that I would not be able to use those knives for any length of time, the handles would not be comfortable.

Did you look at the reviews?

:huh: Yeah, you're right. I've never seen so many sarcastic (call them "tongue in cheek") reviews, which most of them were.

I mistakenly took the topic seriously and based my reply on the photograph and product description. I didn't read the reviews, nor did that even occur to me. Evidently a lot of people agree with me that the knives look like they'd be difficult to use and uncomfortable in the hand.

I think it's important that a knife should have a comfortable grip, should feel good in the hand, and should have a pleasing balance as far as weight of blade vs. weight of handle. I don't see how this set could feel balanced, nor with that slot can I see how it could feel comfortable in the hand.

And since I'm not shopping for knives I didn't glance at the price. $750 for 4 knives???

I can see why the reviewers did not take this product seriously. This knife set was IMO not meant to be used. Instead I'd call it some form of modern art or design art, something that evidently I have no appreciation of. In fact I'd call this the worst knife set I've ever seen.

This set would be perfect in the kitchen of somebody who does absolutely no cooking and wants to make some kind of impression on guests. I presume making a good impression on those knowledgeable about cooking would not be a consideration.

So I guess that was your point, eh Mayo? :)

Last edited:
800 bucks will buy a 4 fine Japanese Damascus blades, a storage device, and still have enough left over for several nice pans. Aside from the fact that all the knives are the same shape, just different sizes, and you would have to remove all of them to reach the largest, it just seems like a piece of art, not a serious kitchen tool.

Whoa. $$$! Very pretty, but I would agree with the other opinions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom