Favorite knife manufacturer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite knife manufacturer?

• Total voters
My favorite of all my knives is a Henkles - but what suits your hand is what's best for you! I graduated to the big H because I watched little Sara Moulton wield a big knife and thought...I like that! I've found that the extra weight is actually easier than smaller knives.

.....and this should be in my "guilty pleasures" post but I really like those cheap little stainless steel knives for things like limes and lemons....just throw them away after they get dull.

I'm fortunate in that I have a DH who keeps my knives almostly surgically sharp. I firmly believe that dull knives are the most dangerous things in the kitchen!

Global knives are the BEST!! (for me). I have no desire to find a better knife. These knives are crazy sharp!
It is all about what fits in your hand the best. Some people hate Globals cause they feel funny in the hand. Globals float in my hand. The balance is perfect. The blades utilize Molybdenum/vanadium stainless steel, ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56-58 which holds a razor sharp edge longer than any other steel and resists rust, stains and corrosion. I have these;

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/details.asp?SKU=2582

If you purchase Globals at Williams & Sonama, you can return them for full purchase price if you don't like them after you use them.
The only other knive I am interested in is Chroma designed by F.A. Porsche.
http://www.cutleryandmore.com/large/4673.jpg

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/details.asp?SKU=4673

I couldn't agree more about those Global knives. They are a better steel than german knives and have a sharper 10 or 15 degree edge as opposed to German 20 degree.

I like my Henckels. I don't think I would purchas anything else. I have had the same knives for about 20 years. Ok...ok.I must come clean here....my daughter gave me a set of Miracle Blade 3 about two years ago. They only cost her 20 bucks. I use these alot. I am impressed with these for the price.

If you have no money for Henckels...then get these.

http://www.asontv.com/products/1031603834.html

I myself have miracle blade 3 knives. I love the steak knives and use the chop and scoop as a board scraper after chopping herbs or garlic, etc.

wiseguy21690 said:
I myself have miracle blade 3 knives. I love the steak knives and use the chop and scoop as a board scraper after chopping herbs or garlic, etc.

The knives are great for slice and dice. I use those steak knives for almost everything except slicing a roast.

I love my Wustoff Grand Prix knives. I am very happy with them. I have never really used any other quality knives though so I can't say if I like them or not. I am curious about Global, but since I am not in the market for anything new I will not be going near them since I would probably want to buy a knife or two just on impulse.

GB said:
I love my Wustoff Grand Prix knives. I am very happy with them. I have never really used any other quality knives though so I can't say if I like them or not. I am curious about Global, but since I am not in the market for anything new I will not be going near them since I would probably want to buy a knife or two just on impulse.

A good knife will last a lifetime for the average cook......ok...maybe half a lifetine.....or for me 20 years.

I love My Chroma-FA Porche designed 10-inch Chef's knife. I have use many knives, some heavy, some light, some super sturdy. But for ease of use, ballance, and hand fit (at least for my hands) this is the finest knife I have ever used. I have literally used this tool daily since Christmas Day, on a maple butcher-block, and have only had to pass it across a steel to keep it razor sharp. It's the most used tool in my home, and my most impressive one. :D

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

My Henckles are resting nicely on the magnet strip because the one knife I keep going back to is the 12" chef's knife I found 20 years ago under the sink of my apartment. I cleaned it up and had it sharpened and its always ready for me.

The brand name is Ontario Knife Company.
I did a google search and found the manufacturer and I believe its a really old model of their current line.

My nick name is from that - I am often called in to finish some cutting job. Refusing to work with someone else's toy, I yell "Get me the big knife. Plus, its a great line from Moonstruck.

I practically worship the four Wusthof Culinar knives my husband gave me for my birthday. And a dear friend gave me one of her mother's very old chinese cleavers a few years ago -- the thing weighs a short ton and stays deadly sharp...and slices so thinly you can read through whatever you've sliced. Yep. Really love that one!

Global knives

Global knives are the best for the ease of holding if you need a lighter knife, due to older hands. Okay, arthritis -- it's a problem sometimes, well, most of the time; the sharpness and balance of the Global is really great. :LOL:

Can't vote because I don't have any listed, and I hate the ones I have. Some set from JC Penney or something like that. Wood handles, which I hate because once they get wet, they look like crap.Glad to hear some good words about the Miracle Blade. A friend of mine and his wife have them, and speak highly of them. Likely to invest in a set with the storage block and free extra 4 knives. Frankly, I think the set should come with all 8 steak knives, but Chef Tony has got to make money somehow . . . . . . The Miracle Blade is the next set of knives I will own. If they are as good as I've heard, my vote will be "other" to cover for them!

Back
Top Bottom