Finally Ordered My New Knife.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
It's a Henckles TWIN Cermax M66 7" Santoku.

Settled on this one b/c it is still scalpel sharp and incredibly hard, but not so high maintenance as the handmade carbon steel japanese knives.

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/details.asp?SKU=9689

Just put in the order should be here by next friday! This knife is nuts. hardness of 66 Rockwell :ohmy: I cant wait to put it to use..it makes my Wusthoff Grand Prix Santoku(which is already dull) look like garbage.

Cheers

legsbig

pic of this badboy

9689.jpg

Though I'm not crazy about the general Santoku blade, I love that handle. It should be very comfortable.

And the blade style, well that's just a personal prefference. I hope you enjoy it. Have fun and watch the finger-tips.:cool:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Hey Mylegsbig,

Did you ever get the knife? How is it? I'm interested in a Henckel's Cermax myself, but it's either that or a Kasumi, and am looking for some reviews from actual owners.....

Cheers,

rolf

I'd love to hear what you think of it, too. I have the Classic X50 and bought it largely because I wanted to try a Santoku and mine was "reduziert" at the Wüsthof shop off of Marienplatz. I don't really like its balance and it's a bit uncomfortable when you have a lot of dicing to do. I'm considering keeping my eye open at summer sales to get a new one. I, too, would like to hear your opinion the M66.

This knife is the best knife i've ever used... for one, it's a razor blade, for another, it's beautiful....third, it feels great in my hand...the handle is some cool material and it feels so nice...and the knife has a very heavy feel to it..if you don't like heavy knives, skip this one

I think most of the Henckel's are heavy (except for the cheap ones). The thing I found kinda odd about yours was the rivets. I thought Henckel had developed a new horizontal tang on their high end knives with a counterbalance at the hilt, thusly getting rid of the rivets? I see the counterbalance on that blade. Not a big fan of rivets.

The first thing I did when I got my first really sharp knife was to basically cut part of my thumb off ... so be careful!!

Glad you like the knife and please don't try to cut concrete or wallboard with it like Chef Tony does!:LOL:

I also got my new knife. I went with the New West KnifeWorks chef's knife (light sabre). Hefty, sharp, truly fine...Why was I cutting with crap for so long?

the only that that sucks about this knife is now i want more.

I thought those Wusthoff grand prix were the cream of the crop, i bought that set b/c thats what rachael ray used.

Christ. I mean they are ok.... But i checked on consumer reports and they didnt get rated high..plus.... some of the are already dull. I spent 400 bucks on those badboys. My new knife makes them look like garbage. Crappy. I still love my wusthoff bread cutter knife though...and the utility knife. but the chefs and santoku ehhhhhhh

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom