Furi Pro Knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never used them, but I am sure someone here must have. I am sure someone will come along soon with an opinion.

i recently purchased the 9'' east/west knife furi fx pro coppertail and it's the best knife i've used it balances between the weight of the european brands and the lightness of the global knifes (which for me personally are too light to use on a shift absolutely kills my knife hand) and the shape and sharpness is great in my kitchen, but always try before you buy and find whats good for you but these get my recommendations

Ive never used them, but furi isnt exactly known for their quality, wolfgang puck would prolly be a better bet if you dont want to spend a crapload of money

Come on, we know that's a Photoshop-job. That spandex bodysuit hardly has room enough to groove.

I'm glad people like their knives. I've no experience with them, but that their website's "No Bull" section is one of the biggest crocks I've seen in a long time. The "myths" are hardly myths and the "busting" is a load of tripe. They provide zero or specious data and don't even have the common courtesy to tell us what steel their blades are made from. Then I thought, "Who does that guy remind me of?" The knife connection must have gotten to me, because the person I was thinking of was Lynn Thomson of Cold Steel knives (knife knuts will likely know the name). Sells a reasonably effective but cheaply made product at moderately high prices, talks a big talk, and doesn't care to cite evidence beyond the occasional slash at a side of beef.

Still, Furi's got some good looking designs. I take issue with their implementation and definition of "scalloped edge," but grantons are popular so that's no surprise. They hired Rachael Ray after all!

Last edited:
I don't care for 'em. The handle is funny shaped, and the "gusto grip" RayRay goes on about is a sticky tacky feeling rubber. The whole thing feels gimicky to me. And the steel doesn't seem to be anything special, nor are they particulary sharp out of the box. A Tojiro DP is slightly cheaper yet about 10X sharper. And it's more attractive and feels better in my hand. And let's not even start comparing the Furi's to my Shuns!

Then I thought, "Who does that guy remind me of?" The knife connection must have gotten to me, because the person I was thinking of was Lynn Thomson of Cold Steel knives (knife knuts will likely know the name). Sells a reasonably effective but cheaply made product at moderately high prices, talks a big talk, and doesn't care to cite evidence beyond the occasional slash at a side of beef.

I think the older CS knives were superb back when they were still made of Carbon V. Unfortunately, the only company that made that steel went out of business. The newer steel is inferior to the CV. And of course, LT seems to be a real scumbag, fwiw.:pig:

Right right, and some of their least expensive knives are good values because they're cheap and functional. Carbon V (50100-B, if I recall correctly) sounded very popular and the specs were definitely promising for big knives. I was just drawing parallels to Furi's marketing and their founders bombast.

I have two Furi Knives. One is a small 5" serrated utility knife that cuts a sandwich well. The other is a " chefs" knife. It is a piece of fecal matter.

The handle is stainless and so slick at times as to be just plain dangerous. The knives are apparently made is China of the softest steel they could find as they won't hold an edge for even two meal preps.

I recommend that, little cutie Rachel Ray's recommendation not withstanding, Stay clear and put your hard earned bucks where you'll get something in return.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom