Granton edge or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll take your word for it as I've never used a knife such as you describe. But I still suspect that it's the proverbial chrome-plated dipstick -- offers some improvement in theory but not enough to warrant the expense (of a new knife, in this case). Or does it?

Well take what I said with a grain of salt. I have never used such a knife myself. I have only seen it used (in a test of knives with cullens) on Americas Test Kitchen. They tested a number of knives with cullens that did not do anything at all, but one with cullens on the entire surface and on TV at least, it worked as advertised.

I would not buy a knife because it has cullens. Well not now at least. I did buy one with cullens before I knew better. The knife itself is fine, but the cullens do nothing. If I were buying a knife I would not choose one because it has cullens. I would also not dismiss one because it had them. If I had a choice of the same knife with or without then I would get the one without unless it had them on the entire surface in which case I would consider getting it with.

Back
Top Bottom