Have you ever heard of Cutco knives?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chilichip

Senior Cook
Ones of my son's friend is selling Cutco knives and they seem to be nice I order one so can try it out ,I'm not sure about it,will see.I can say the ones he did bring feel real nice in the hand, not to heavy or too light.Sharp too.

Sorry to say, they don't have a great reputation among people I know whose opinion I respect about knives. I don't think I've ever seen one in person, so I can't actually tell you anything about them personally.

One of our daughter's friends sold Cutco products to make money while in college. We bought a fork. That was over 20 years ago. Thought the knives were overpriced for what they seemed to be. Just my thoughts on the subject.

I have 3 knives I bought over 20 years ago and they are still great. I have a French Chef Knife, 2 Carver knives and a sharpener.

Chilichip, if you click on the "Search" at the top blue bar of this forum, and type in "Cutco", you will find several threads on this subject.

Lee

I don't particularly care for them. They just don't "feel right" to me.

They are 440 A steel, not 440C---big difference. They are also stamped instead of forged. I also don't care for the edge they use.. also the handles are not comfortable to me..

way too expensive for what you are getting.

Just my $.02 worth...

We bought the Cutco steak knives from our nephew about 10 years ago, and they have served us well. Pricey? Yep! But that's how the kids make money and learn sales skills. They really are good steak knives, and they weather the dishwasher very well.

I thank everyone who supported me when selling all that overpriced stuff during my youth. It's a right of passage, and every time you use the knives, you think about the person who sold them to you. Today, Brandon is married and in law school, and doing very well.

Joe

My mother has had them for over 10 years. They are not my favorite or my father's. I much prefer Henckel. I bring my own knives when I cook at her house.

Cutco knives aren't awful per se, they're just really overpriced. The largest Cutco chefs knife costs almost as much as a 10" Shun Classic and the Shun smokes it. I'd suggest Messermeister for German knives, but nowadays almost all my knives are Japanese.

Back
Top Bottom