Help, what is a butcher knife, friend in need

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
what is it, what does it look like and is it also called a cleaver.

my friend just called me from Macy's. her sister is requesting a butcher knife for Christmas and she called to ask me what it was/is. I told her I thought it was a knife for cutting meat, but she's on hold and doesn't mind waiting for the right answer. I told her to ask the sales people and she just laughed and said, "yea, right, like they'd know anything, they're a bunch of bubble heads in short skirts."

Last edited:
what is it, what does it look like and is it also called a cleaver.

my friend just called me from Macy's. her sister is requesting a butcher knife for Christmas and she called to ask me what it was/is. I told her I thought it was a knife for cutting meat, but she's on hold and doesn't mind waiting for the right answer. I told her to ask the sales people and she just laughed and said, "yea, right, like they'd know anything, they're a bunch of bubble heads in short skirts."

My mom works at Macy's:cool:

Anyway, are you sure she meant a BUTCHER knife? I know she may have said that ... but did she really mean a CHEF's knife?

My mom works at Macy's:cool:Anyway, are you sure she meant a BUTCHER knife? I know she may have said that ... but did she really mean a CHEF's knife?
jennyema, sorry, we're in southern california and she went to the Newport Beach one. I told her if she was at Macy's in NYC, that'd be a different thing cause although they look at me kinda up and down, they do know their stuff regarding what's in their departments. No, she said Butchers knife. I don't think I have one and I looked them up and couldn't believe how many versions there are. Well, I don't know how to put multiple
things in here so you can see all the pix. I think the sister was mistaken at the name of it, she is a certified chef however, the sister I mean. You'd think she'd know. Oh well, I so appreciate you all helping me out, she's on her own unless she's going hunting some time soon

I'm just funning with ya, Lef. My mom tells many stories about her clueless co-workers. And customers!:LOL:

Maybe she is buying a side of beef?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom