Henckels Product line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Witchlord

Assistant Cook
Im just starting culinary school and need to set up a knife kit. I could buy one from school, but they use forshner, and im not a big fan. I have a decent chef's knife and have a tojiro flash vegetable knife on order. Im not quite willing to spend a crapload of money on a wustoff or global pairing knife or boning knife though. My question to all of you is whats the hierarchy of henckels knives? I know cermax is the tip top, but is twin select better than their fourstar? is their fourstar 2 better than their signature series? I know they can make some really nice knives, i also know they can make some absolute crap. I just want a nice middle of the road knife that can take a small amount of abuse and wont cost me too much.

All of the better Henckle knives (Pro S, Four Star, Twin Select, etc.) are all in the same price range, so it's either you buy one of those, or buy one of their cheaper blades. It basically comes down to comfort, so hold similar knives from each product line and choose the one that you like best.

It basically comes down to comfort, so hold similar knives from each product line and choose the one that you like best.

Good answer! I always get questions from my classes "Which knife is best" and my answer is always what ever feels the best in your hand is the best knife for you.

Heck, I'm still using an eons old Dexter Russel to bone out pork and chicken with :)

Back
Top Bottom