Improving my knife skills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donnelly

Assistant Cook
My family keeps asking what I want for Christmas. What I'd like is to improve my knife skills. Can someone suggest books or videos that I could pickup?

Some lessons from a good culinary school will help more than a book will.

The proper rotary motion and claw grip feel very unnatural if you've been doing things the wrong way all your life.

My family keeps asking what I want for Christmas. What I'd like is to improve my knife skills. Can someone suggest books or videos that I could pickup?

Chad Ward - "An Edge In The Kitchen". This is the best book I've seen. It is kitchen knife specific and is loaded not only with a skills section. It covers everything you need to know about the selection and care and feeding of kitchen cutlery. I like it well enough that I obtained a second copy for my daughter.

Amazon.com: An Edge in the Kitchen: The Ultimate Guide to Kitchen Knives -- How to Buy Them, Keep Them Razor Sharp, and Use Them Like a Pro: Chad Ward: Books

There used to be some great videos on Foodnetwork.com, but I just can't navigate the new Labrynth they call a website.

If you are in the Chicago area, the Chopping Block (thechoppingblock.com) The Chopping Block Cooking School, Chicago has knife classes. I haven't been to one yet but want too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom