ISO source for knife guards for a Ken Onion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yonsen

Assistant Cook
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that retails knife guards for the Ken Onion (Shun Classic) knives made by Kershaw?

They have a non-standard shape which does not work with my 8" edge guards.
I have one collecting dust right now but would like to keep it in my knife roll, and i absolutely refuse to have an unguarded blade in a sleeve.
For those wondering, it is an oddly shaped curved sheep's foot knife as you can see here (note the obstruction of the bolster-grip):
dm0500_large.png

If there is none, i suppose i will take the dremel to one of my many Messermeister knife guards and grind-out a fitting shape. But that is a last resort.

MM8C.gif

Put an email in, ill post my reply for the other 'Onion owners.

Wusthof makes generic blade guards out of plastic on the cheap ($5-6). One of those plus five minutes on a hacksaw, and you'd be left with a fairly inexpensive solution.

Google reveals they are called "Wusthof Knife Life Edge Protectors."

Got the thrifty 2 minute response:
Good morning.

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, we do make a Ken Onion sheath. It is sold online at various retailers. I’m including the link from Google, where you can find these sheaths. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

google[DOT]com/search?hl=en&q=shun+ken+onion+sheaths
I found some, rather bulky and $10 a piece:
shun_kenonion_knife_sheaths.jpg

source: broadwaypanhandler[DOT]com/broadway/product.asp?s_id=0&prod_name=Shun+Ken+Onion+Knife+Sheaths&pf_id=Shun_KenOnion_KnifeSheaths&dept_id=2223

In the end it would seem I might just craft my own.
not a very common item it would seem

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom